Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance
A multi-state alliance offering fully online programs
Texas Tech and GPIDEA online degrees and certificates.
The Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (GPIDEA) is a partnership of 20 public university members providing access to the best educational opportunities by collaboratively developing and delivering high-quality, online academic programs. Great Plains IDEA is an academic alliance that offers fully-online graduate and undergraduate coursework and program options in high demand professional fields.
Texas Tech partners with GPIDEA to provide the following online degrees and online certificates:
- Bachelor of Science in Early Child Care
- Masters of Science in Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS) with a specialization in Gerontology
- Certificate in Gerontology
- Master of Science in Youth Development
- Specialization in Youth Development
- Certificate in Youth Development
- Master of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences Education (FCSE)
Students admitted to the program at Texas Tech University enroll at TTU for all courses, whether they are taught at TTU or by a participating university. All courses will have a common price of $530 per credit hour for graduate courses and $380 per credit hour for undergraduate courses*. There is no in-state or out-of-state tuition. This price will cover all course costs except textbook or course packet purchases.
*Common tuition rate set by Great Plains IDEA Board of Directors in connection and cooperation with participating institutions.