Hospitality & Retail Management
Doctor of Philosophy in Hospitality Administration
Earn a Ph.D. in Hospitality Administration that puts you on the tenure track.
Fewer than 12 schools nationwide offer a Ph.D. in Hospitality Administration. None provides you with better preparation for an academic career than Texas Tech University.
Widely recognized as one of the nation's top hospitality schools, Texas Tech continues to produce high-quality university faculty who lead, teach, and conduct research at hospitality administration programs around the world.
Our Ph.D. in hospitality administration provides a foundation for your career by providing you with opportunities to:
- Showcase your academic talent and success. You will get recognition for your work through independent research that culminates in journal publications and conference presentations.
- Work with accomplished faculty. Texas Tech's hospitality administration faculty includes content experts with widespread academic and industry connections.
- Develop a global perspective. Our hospitality administration Ph.D. program draws students and faculty from all over the world, including Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
- Become an outstanding teacher. Texas Tech's Ph.D. program stands out for its educator training. You will get advanced teaching experience as part of your doctoral education, with strong mentorship from seasoned faculty who have many years of teaching experience.
Our hospitality administration Ph.D. program enables you to build comprehensive skills and an impressive resume. You will be qualified for faculty positions at leading universities, with excellent opportunities for promotion to leadership positions and administrative roles such as dean.
Hospitality Administration Ph.D. Objectives and Outcomes
The Hospitality Administration doctoral degree prepares you for faculty positions in higher education, as well as leadership positions in the hospitality industry.
During your doctoral training, you will:
- Acquire an in-depth and accurate understanding of the concepts and practices in the field of hospitality administration.
- Understand central issues, current research, and research practices in hospitality administration.
- Apply concepts and theories to solve practical problems related to the hospitality industry.
- Communicate hospitality-related research findings for both academic and professional audiences.
- Comprehend central issues and utilize techniques important to teaching in hospitality administration.
- Value the integration of teaching and research.
- Analyze the social, multicultural, and environmental dimensions of issues facing hospitality professionals in academic and industry settings.
- Value involvement in professional organizations in the hospitality industry.
For more information about the Hospitality Administration doctoral degree
Request Information Online
Contact the program coordinator by phone
- Name: Dr. David Rivera
- Phone: (806) 834-8187