Restaurant, Hotel, & Institutional Management Online Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences Degree
Online Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) in Restaurant, Hotel and Institutional Management
The online applied arts and sciences hospitality degree (BAAS) offers a flexible, convenient pathway to a Texas Tech diploma from anywhere in the world while continuing to work.
Study in our online degree program for hotel and restaurant management and turn your associate of applied sciences degree in culinary or hospitality management into a bachelor's degree. You will find it worth your time to elevate your AS degree to a BS degree online by acquiring essential management and leadership skills - all while continuing to work in your current profession.
Our online bachelor's degree program will put you on the fast track to earning a bachelor's degree upon completion of your associate of applied sciences degree from an approved institution. The baas distance degree gives you the opportunity to complete your bachelor's degree at your own pace while continuing to work. Turning your associate of applied sciences degree into a bachelor's degree gives you the opportunity to earn higher salaries in leadership and management positions in the hospitality management field.
Our online restaurant and hotel management bachelor's degree emphasizes practical management and leadership skills desired in culinary and hospitality careers. Consider our distance program to:
- Gain relevant experience. Our bachelor of applied arts and sciences degree consists of targeted hospitality related courses with a strong hospitality management focus. The program includes a hands-on internship in hospitality and restaurant industry fields.
- Study with a business-oriented focus. Texas Tech's online BAAS equips you with an exceptional business education. You will get extensive training in accounting, cost control, and operational management in both Food Service Operations and Lodging.
- Maximize the value of previously earned college credits. By utilizing your previous associate's degree in applied arts and sciences, you will reduce your time to graduation in our online hospitality program.
The online Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences with a major in Restaurant, Hotel and Institutional Management is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA).
Advance Your Career With a Bachelor's Degree
Leading hospitality industry employers recruit graduates from our hospitality management program frequently.
Many employers require a bachelor's degree to gain employment or advance their current career. A BAAS degree from Texas Tech can further your career by advancing you into a leadership or supervisory position in the restaurant, hospitality, or lodging fields.
You will have opportunities to earn more while working across the United States and the world, pursuing careers such as:
- Executive chef
- Food and beverage director
- Hotel manager
- Event planner
- Catering director
Our Hospitality Degree Focuses on Business
Our distance program's strong business focus attracts the attention of top hospitality employers. Texas Tech's online bachelor of applied arts and sciences degree emphasizes the business and management aspect of hotel and restaurant careers with courses in:
Texas Tech's online bachelor of applied arts and sciences degree emphasizes the business and management aspect of hotel and restaurant professions with courses in:
- Customer Relations for Hospitality Enterprises
- Hospitality Sales & Marketing
- Hospitality Cost Control
- Personnel management
You can expand your knowledge in culinary and hospitality management by choosing from elective courses such as:
- Lodging Operations Management
- Wine Tourism
- Dinner Series Capstone Course
You will work with expert faculty who have industry experience and resources to help you develop and make new contacts for future employment.