Life-Centered Financial Planning
Graduate (Credit) Certificate
For-Credit / Non-Degree Seeking
This certificate option is ideal for working professionals seeking college-level credit to count towards a future degree and/or for employer tuition reimbursement in addition to CFP Board CE credits.
Students will earn 28 CFP continuing education credits.
- Prerequisites: There are no pre-requisites (e.g., no GRE/GMAT). The courses can be taken in any order.
- Application Deadline: The deadline is always the Friday before the course begins.
There are no pre-requisites, however, a bachelor's degree is required for admission to the Texas Tech Graduate School.
See an example of how to fill out the program plan here.
- Cost of program/course:
- TTU Graduate School tuition rates plus a program fee of $1,200 per class.
- Calculate your graduate tuition here: https://www.depts.ttu.edu/studentbusinessservices/feeInfo/tuition-estimator.php
- Application fee:
Course Rotation and Format
Grades Needed for Passing: The student's academic record will reflect a letter grade. Students must pass all courses to receive the certificate and to earn CFP Board CE credits. A passing grade is a C or better.
- PFP 5377, Client Communication and Counseling — 10 CFP continuing education credits:
- Summer/Fall (online only)
- PFP 5383, Financial Planning with Emotional Intelligence — 9 CFP continuing education credits:
- Spring/Fall (online only)
- PFP 5365, Fundamentals of Life-Centered Financial Planning— 9 CFP continuing education credits:
- Spring/Summer (online only)
Book purchases are the student's responsibility. Required books are outlined below. Readings outside of these books are provided through the course (e.g., journal articles).
PFP 5377 Client Communication and Counseling
- Klontz, B., Kahler, R., & Kontz, T. (2016). Facilitating financial health: Tools for financial planners, coaches, and therapists (2nd ed.). The National Underwriter Company (ISBN:9781941627877)
PFP 5383: Financial Planning with Emotional Intelligence
- Anthony, M. (2015). Selling with emotional intelligence. Insights Press (ISBN-10: 097275234X; ISBN-13: 978-0972752343)
- West, S., & Anthony, M. (2020). Storytelling revisited: How top advisors persuade. Insights Press (e-book via Kindle only; ASIN: B088B9875Q)
- West, S., & Anthony, M. (2011). Defining conversations: A little book about a big idea. Insights Press (ISBN-10: 0972752374; ISBN-13: 978-0972752374)
PFP 5365: Fundamentals of Life-Centered Financial Planning
- Anthony, M. (2002). Your clients for life: The definitive guide to becoming a successful financial planner. Kaplan (ISBN-10: 0793149541; ISBN-13: 978-0793149544)
- Anthony, M. (2008). From the boiler room to the living room: The financial services revolution and what it means to you and your clients. Wiley (ISBN: 978-0-470-25509-4)
- Anthony, M. (2020). The new retirementality (5th ed.). Wiley (ISBN: 978-1-119-61148-6)
- West, S., & Anthony, M. (2005). Your client's story: Know your clients and the rest will follow. Kaplan (ISBN 10: 0793195705; ISBN 13: 9780793195701)
For further information concerning the Continuing Education graduate (for-credit/non-degree) certificate option, contact: