Texas Wine Marketing Research Institute
WSET® Level 1 Award in Wines
Face-to-Face WSET® Classes have resumed!
Class Dates: Saturday 09/25 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.), Sunday 09/26 (1 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
Exam: Saturday 10/02
Join our mailing list to be notified about future classes.
Who Should Attend?
A beginner-level introduction to wine is suitable for those starting a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine.
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You'll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET® certificate and lapel pin.
What You'll Learn
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Students under the age of 21 are allowed to take the course and the exam but are NOT allowed to sample any alcoholic beverages as part of their course.