Texas Wine Marketing Research Institute
WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
Face-to-Face WSET® Classes have now resumed!
The Level 2 WSET® class will be a three-day intensive course held on Saturdays, January 9, 16, and 23, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Level 2 WSET® exam time is TBA.
Join our mailing list to be notified about future classes.
Who Should Attend?
*A WSET® Level 1 is NOT a prerequisite for WSET® Level 2 certification. Candidates can sign up for Level 2 without prior completion of the Level 1 examination.
A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines and spirits for those working in the industry or wine and spirit enthusiasts.
For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. You'll learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labeling terminology. A basic overview of the key categories of spirits and liqueurs will also be provided. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET® certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET® certified logo.
What You'll Learn
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing principles
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Students under the age of 21 are allowed to take the course and the exam but are NOT allowed to sample any alcoholic beverages as part of their course.