"Excellence in IT Innovation" Award
In December 2017, at our annual Year in Review, we launched the TTU Office of the CIO "Excellence in IT Innovation" Award. This award was created to recognize TTU areas and departments that have demonstrated exemplar innovative and/or highly successful technology-based service implementations.
Fiscal Year 2018
- CISER - Emerging Research Website Program
- National Wind Institute - iOS Mobile Application for West Texas Mesonet Data
- Operations Division - Predictive Student Course Demand Dashboard
- Rawls College of Business - Rawls Testing Center
- Support Ops for Academic Retention - TSI & PADR Student Success Project
- Texas Tech Museum - zSpace & Museum Exhibits
Nominations will be accepted throughout this period.
Any Texas Tech University faculty or staff member is eligibile to nominate a project for consideration.
Criteria for Nominated Project Eligibility
- Project completed by TTU faculty, staff, and/or student worker(s)
- Majority of project implementation occurred during the nominating fiscal year
- Project supports key institutional strategic priorities, and associated operations and business needs
- Project provides tangible benefit to TTU and must involve innovative use of technology
- Project use of innovation significantly improves service to faculty, staff, or students
The CIO will lead a review panel that will determine award recipientsFall