Call for Applications
Educational Leadership, Management and Governance (LMG) Program for the Ethiopian Higher Education System
Texas Tech University, the Ohio State University, and Oklahoma State University
In conjunction with the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa and the Ethiopian Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MoSHE)
The Leadership, Management, and Governance (LMG) program is funded by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of African Affairs under its University Partnerships Initiative (UPI), an initiative designed to strengthen ties and encourage collaboration between U.S. and African universities. The LMG program is designed for Ethiopian administrators in higher education who are nominated and selected to improve their educational LMG skills and develop a better understanding of how to lead a higher education institution using the U.S. context. This experience will offer the opportunity to enhance administrative abilities, competence and confidence, gain a deeper understanding of issues affecting institutions, and lead and manage change effectively.
Twenty-five Ethiopian administrators will be selected to participate in the LMG program. Participants will take part in a comprehensive interactive training program at each partner institution over the course of two weeks in the summer of 2021.
• Ethiopian administrators in higher education serving in a wide range of roles at
various institutions, representing different regions in Ethiopia.
• Applicants must be permanent employees of an Ethiopian academic institution;
• Applicant must fall into one of the categories of University President, University Vice President, or Leaders with Status of Vice President;
• Applicant must demonstrate active and growing leadership caliber through a demonstrated history of progressive competencies.
• Priority will be given to candidates who have firm plans to enhance higher education in Ethiopia and who have no prior or limited experience in the United States.
For any additional questions, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline was March 12, 2021 and applications are currently being reviewed.