2020 My Hometown - Photography Contest Call for Entries
The Office of International Affairs invites Texas Tech international students and scholars to submit photographs of their hometowns for the annual “My Hometown” photography exhibit. This exhibition gives these students and scholars the opportunity to share their unique international experience with the Texas Tech and Lubbock communities. The best photos will be displayed at the International Cultural Center during the months of April – June, 2020.
All international students and scholars who are currently studying at Texas Tech.
Awards for Photo Competition
- First Place - $150
- Second Place - $125
- Third Place $100
Calendar of Events
Feb 17: Photo submission opens (instructions below)
**Send JPEG files attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org**
Mar 17: Submission deadline for "My Hometown" photos
Mar 30: Notification of judge's selections sent to photographers
Apr 13: Exhibit opens
Information for Photography Competition
To be eligible for consideration for the "My Hometown" photo contest, your images must meet the following requirements:
- Photos must be taken by the student. (We do not want images taken by professional photographers or from the internet.)
- Photos must demonstrate appropriate behavior and be suitable for viewing by all ages.
- A maximum of five photos may be submitted.
- Photos should be high resolution and can be in color or black and white.
- If one of your images is selected, it must be a full file that can be enlarged without pixelation.
How to submit your photos:
- Files should be in JPEG format (1-5 MB). Label each file with consecutive numbers followed by your name and the location of the photo (e.g., (1) Doe, Jane – Spain (2) Doe, Jane – Portugal).
- Attach the JPEG files to an email and send it to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and hometown in the subject line.
- All photos must be uploaded by March 17, 2020.
The best images will be selected by a juror and become part of an art exhibit at the International Cultural Center. Notification of acceptance will be emailed to photographers by March 30, 2020.
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) will have the right to display, project and reproduce work accepted for this exhibition for publicity and promotional purposes only. Individual photographers retain copyrights to their individual works.
Questions: Contact Jan Stogner, Assistant Director of International Art and Culture