2020 Adventures in Study Abroad - Photography Contest Call for Entries
The Office of International Affairs invites students who participated in Texas Tech recognized study abroad programs in 2019 to submit photographs for the annual “Adventures in Study Abroad” photography exhibit. This exhibition gives study abroad students the opportunity to share their unique international experience with the Texas Tech and Lubbock communities. The best photos will be displayed at the International Cultural Center during the months of April – June 2020.
Texas Tech students who participated in a recognized Texas Tech study abroad program during the 2019 intersession, the 2019 spring semester, the 2019 summer sessions, and the 2019 fall semester.
Awards for Photo Competition
- First Place - $150
- Second Place - $125
- Third Place - $100
Calendar of Events
Feb 17: Photo submission opens (instructions below)
** Send JPEG files attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org**
Mar 17: Submission deadline for "Adventures in Study Abroad" photos
Mar 30: Notification of judge's selections sent to photographers
Apr 13: Exhibit opens
Information for Photography Competition
To be eligible for consideration for the "Adventures in Study Abroad" photo contest, your images must meet the following requirements:
- Photos must be taken by the student. (We do not want images taken by professional photographers or from the internet.)
- Photos must demonstrate appropriate behavior and be suitable for viewing by all ages.
- A maximum of five photos may be submitted.
- Photos should be high resolution and can be in color or black and white.
- If one of your images is selected, it must be a full file that can be enlarged without pixilation.
How to submit your photos:
- Files should be in JPEG format (1-5 MB). Label each file with consecutive numbers followed by your name and the location of the photo (e.g., (1) Doe, Jane – Spain (2) Doe, Jane – Portugal).
- Attach the JPEG files to an email and send it to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and location of photo in the subject line.
- All photos must be uploaded by March 17, 2020.
The best images will be selected by a juror and become part of an art exhibit at the International Cultural Center. Notification of acceptance will be emailed to photographers by March 30, 2020.
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) will have the right to display, project and reproduce work accepted for this exhibition for publicity and promotional purposes only. Individual photographers retain copyrights to their individual works.
Questions: Contact Jan Stogner, Assistant Director of International Art and Culture