||August and January: Before semester Start
- The International Student Life unit helps international undergraduate students get
off to a great start with an interactive and informative orientation. International Student Orientation is geared strictly to international students, complements Red Raider Orientation that
is mandatory for all Texas Tech University students.
- The Graduate School conducts a separate orientation for all TTU graduate students.
- A New part of Orientation includes out on-campus Scavenger Hunt, which started as
a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Fall of 2020. Our Global Guides and you explore
the campus in teams as a way to better understand our massive campus and to help you
create connections with other new international students like yourself. You will not
only familiarize yourself with campus but leave with a whole new knowledge of TTU
history as well!
||August and January
- Immediately following the International Student Orientation, new and returning international
students are invited to a welcome event to kick off the new semester. In addition
to lots of great food, students have a chance to learn about on- and off-campus resources,
and make new friends. This event is hosted by a international student organization
called SGC in partnership with ISL. Be sure to check out SGC's page and learn more about all
that they do on campus!
Welcome event 2021 hosted by SGC.
|Cultural Exchange Program
||all year (sign up in OCt).
- The Cultural Exchange program connects international students and community families
to enhance cultural understanding. This program allows students to experience family
life in the United States. Many Students join Thier families for holidays, trips,
family dinners and so on. This is also a great way to share your culture with an American
family! Information on when to sign up for this program will be sent to students
in their International Student Life Newsletters or on our Get Involved Page.
- Families or individuals who would like to host an international student can sign up here.
International Student Rozenn with her match. 2020.
|Homecoming Flag Parade
||Fall: October 22
- The TTU homecoming game is a big event! Homecoming is a tradition associated with
football in the United States. It is when former students are welcomed back to celebrate
their former school and enjoy the game! At TTU there is a homecoming parade, where
additionally, students can participate in the annual Homecoming Flag Parade, representing
the diverse international student population at Texas Tech University. Watch for more
information in your International Student Newsletter to sign up!
||Fall: October 16th
- Culture Fest is an opportunity for the international student body on campus to share their culture
with the rest of the TTU and Lubbock community. International Student organizations
are welcome participate in Culture Fest to share thier world with us! It's a great
time to get a taste of the food, dance, music, art and culture represented on our
campus! This event is open to the general public and the non-international campus
|thanksgiving Dinner with Community Partners
||Fall: November 26th
- The quintessential American tradition of Thanksgiving Dinner is an opportunity for
our community partners to share U.S. culture and tradition with international students.
- Thanksgiving today is seen as a time of gathering with friends and family to share
a meal. Join us to try traditional Thanksgiving foods such as turkey, stuffing, pumpkin
pie and more. Vegan and vegetarian options will be available.
|| fall: November 13th
- Once a semester, we head out to explore the Great Outdoors of West Texas and/or Eastern
New Mexico! Some of our favorite places to visit are Palo Duro Canyon and Caprock
Canyon State Park. These are easy, mostly flat hikes. We encourage you to join us
to witness the beauty and wildlife of the Great Plains. Day hikes are also a great
opportunity to make life long memories and new friends while enjoying the great outdoors!
Watch for more dates in your International Student Newsletter.
Students enjoying the beautiful scenery at Palo Duro Canyon, the second largest canyon
in the USA.
||Fall: September 18th
- Join the ISL community at sporting events throughout the year to learn the games and
cheer on the Red Raiders. These sporting events are a quintessential part of the American
college experience, so don't miss out! Don't worry if you aren't familiar with the
rules, we will teach you! Watch for your International Student Newsletter for more
||Spring 2022: Date TBA
- International students share aspects of their culture with the Texas Tech community
in the annual Worldwide Showcase. Student groups from around the world sing, dance,
and more in this highly-anticipated event that is a prominent part of International
Week at Texas Tech University. You will receive information regarding the show via
your intl. student newsletter and through our Social Media pages.
- Are you interested in volunteering for the Worldwide Showcase? We would love to have
you! This event is put on by our International Student Council. We encourage you to join ISC through Tech Connect to learn how to get involved.
- See see videos from previous years, visit our YouTube Channel.
|Spring Break Trip
||Spring 2022: Date TBA
- The Spring Break Trip is held every March during the Spring Break Holiday. Time, dates
and location will be announced in your International Student Newsletter.
- Past Trips have included Santa Fe New Mexico and Junction Texas. Travel with us and
explore the U.S; try new foods, see the sites and meet new friends! An adventure awaits
you this Spring Break!
||march/April: Date TBA
- Co-sponsored by the Office of International Affairs and the University Career Center
the Career Forum helps international students prepare for the job search process.
||Fall: December 8th
- Twice a year the International Student Life unit organizes a reception to celebrate
the academic achievements of graduating international students. You have worked had
and we want to celebrate all of your achievements!
||Spring 2022: Date TBA
- The TTU Tax office will help you file and prepare your taxes for the fiscal year. This is a free service
offered to you by Texas Tech University.
- During the Fall and Spring semesters we take weekend trips to cities around West Texas.
Past trips have included Santa Fe New Mexico, Carlsbad Caverns National Park, the
Texas State Fair, Amarillo Texas, and more! These trips are a great way to meet new
people and explore new parts of the United States.