Honors College at the TTU Center in Sevilla
What can be learnt about lifestyle, beliefs, values, traditions and other aspects of a society by experiencing and understanding its architecture? How do factors such as culture, history, climate, technology and materials shape buildings and give identity and character to a city? The city of Seville in southern Spain will be the classroom where students will study and learn answers to these questions within the context of Spain. Living with a host family; drinking a coffee in a street café; spending an evening biking along the river; hanging out on a weekend night in a plaza away from the tourist attractions; strolling through a local neighborhood market; or visiting a building that was formerly a convent or a ceramics factory, together with excursions to Granada, Cordoba and elsewhere in the region, students will get ‘hands-on' opportunities to experience architecture, observe how people use the city, discuss issues, and be introduced to ideas and physical conditions, both past and present that have contributed to the unique identity of one of Spain's most historic, vibrant and beautiful cities.
No previous experience is required, but an enthusiastic openness for new experiences is essential.
- HONS 3301 Culture and the Built Environment
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- May 17-June 28, 2018
Program Open To
- All TTU Students
Program Fee Includes
- Housing with a host family (includes utilities, linens & laundry) & meals (3 per day, 7 days a week)
- Excursions - hotels, transportation and entrance fees
- Local tours
- Seville orientation upon arrival
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees
- Airfare to/from Spain
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Meals on excursions
- Personal spending money
For more information:
Contact:Professor Joe Aranha
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.Continue Your Application (TTU students)