Music of Spain at the TTU Center Sevilla
Did you know that many of the greatest and most famous works of music are identified with the area in and around Seville? This is the home of the legendary Spanish lover Don Juan, the sultry cigarette maker Carmen, and the birthplace of flamenco, just to name a few.
Discover the world of Spanish art music from the Middle Ages through the 20th century, including major Spanish composers and traditional folk music, such as flamenco, zarzuela, and dances, as well as the works of non-Spanish composers inspired by Spain. The course will also include excursions to sites related to the course material, both in Seville and in other locations. The course content comes alive when students are “on location” and actually visit the places where great works of music and art took place and/or were produced.
- MUHL 1308: Music of Spain
- Fulfills TTU Creative Arts Core Curriculum Requirement
- Students should review the Summer 2021 Engineering at the TTU Center in Sevilla program for cost information.
- Summer I: May 17 - June 27, 2021
- Summer II: June 28 - August 8, 2021
- Housing for summer II is available through August 9. However, program activities end and students are allowed to depart as early as August 8.
Program Open To
- All TTU students
Program Fee Includes
- Housing (includes utilities, linens & laundry) & Meals (3 per day, 7 days a week)
- Excursions - transportation, hotels, entrance fees
- Seville orientation upon arrival
Program Fee Does Not Include
- TTU tuition and fees (3 credit hours)
- Airfare to/from Spain
- Meals on excursions
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
- Personal spending money
For more information:
Contact:Dr. Eric Fried
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.