Pre-Health in Italy
This program is for students interested in future health careers. Students will spending 20 hours/week in the hospital environment, shadowing doctors in pairs. Students will shadow four days per week, generally between 9am - 2pm. One weekday per week is reserved for a group excursion of culture, regional, and/or historical interest. Students will shadow in a variety of medical fields inside the hospital - some surgical but more often non-surgical. The program is shadowing only, in accordance with Association or American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and Global Ambassadors for Patient Safety (GAPS) guidelines.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
All students are required to attend a Mandatory Group Advising Session.
- Friday February 8th 5pm
- Chemistry Room 101
- Monday February 11 3pm
- Chemistry Room 101
If you cannot make it to one of the above times, please schedule an advising appointment with Emma Smith via strive.ttu.edu.
- The course attached is still being determined. The course will not be taught in Italy, however students are required to be enrolled in an online course during the duration of the program. Course choices to come later.
Estimated Program Fee
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses, and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program cost as well as the Process of Paying information.
- Pre-Health Financial Aid Budget
- June 1, 2019 - June 21, 2019
Program Open To
- All Pre-Health students
- This is an incredibly competitive program and students must be under a 'pre-health' cohort.
Program Fee Includes
- Organization of shadowing hours at local hospital to include hospital orientation session
- On-site orientation upon arrival to Italy
- Airport pick up and drop off
- On-site housing including WiFi
- Transportation to/from the hospital daily as well as transportation for excursions and some group meals
- Breakfast 7 days per week
- Three group meals
- Non-smart cell phone or SIM card for in-country communication
- Planned excursions
To continue working on your application click the button below and log in with your eRaider credentials.