TTU College of Business - Business in Prague
The application cycle for this program is not open at this time. Please check back later.
** There are currently no active application cycles for this program.
Field of Study
Program Term(s): Summer I
Budget Sheets :
- Prague, Czech Republic
Language of Instruction(s)
Minimum GPA: 2.75
- Graduate Student
- John Masselli
Program Type: TTU Faculty-Led
Study Abroad Advisors
Scholarship Available: Military and Veteran Program (MVP) Aid Available, Rawls McKenzie Scholarship (Rawls College of Business Majors only), Study Abroad Competitive Scholarship
COVID-19 Vaccination Required
While Texas Tech does not require COVID-19 vaccination to participate on a study abroad program, some programs, host countries and/or regions do require vaccination. This program requires vaccination in order to participate. It is your responsibility to understand and comply with all program, host country, and/or regional vaccination regulations. Failure to comply with vaccination regulations may result in, but is not limited to, financial penalty, denial of entry into the country and/or region, and/or dismissal from the program.
Prague rests along the banks of the Vltava River, and has been the political, cultural, and economics hot-spot of Central and Easter Europe for over 1000 years. With over 1.2 million local inhabitants in the city proper and a constant flow of international travelers exploring the city, Prague is a bustling capital of global importance. Business students have the opportunity to take Tax Accounting over Summer I in Prague! This Faculty-Led Program will be going on its 15th anniversary this upcoming year, don't miss it! Prague is known fondly as the city of towers and is one of the most prized cities in Europe. Centrally located and rich in history, Prague is a perfect place to spend your summer.
- ACCT 3307: Income Tax Accounting taught by Dr. John Masselli (3 hours)
- May 26 - June 26, 2022
Estimated Program Fee:
- Please see "program budget" link above
- Additional expenses include tuition, fees, travel expenses and more. Be sure to review the total estimated program costs.
Nonrefundable Application Fee:
$50 (billed to your SBS account after you start the study abroad application)*.
* This fee is only refundable in the event that TTU cancels the program
- Weekend Excursion to Krakow, Poland
- Day trips to Cesky Krumlov and Kutna Hora
- Intersession Break during trip for independent travel
- A series of company visits to complement your academic study
Program Fee includes:
- All program-sponsored excursions and company visits
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- CGE fee
Program Fee does not include:
- TTU tuition and fees
- Course Books and Materials
- Airfare to/from Prague
- Passport Fees
- $100 Refundable Housing Deposit
- Personal spending money
- Health insurance
- Education Abroad fee ($200)
Program Open to:
- Undergraduate RCOBA or Personal Financial Planning students with a 2.75+ GPA who have earned a B or better in ACCT 2300
- Graduate RCOBA students with a 3.0+ GPA
For more information:
- Contact: Rawls Center for Global Engagement