Network Registration and Access Control (NRAC) in TTU residence halls
Some areas of the TTUnet network such as the TTU residence halls require you to register your computers and other devices before full network access is granted. By registering devices that connect to our network, we are able to provide a more secure and reliable computing environment. During the registration process, your computer is scanned to ensure that the operating system is current (including the latest critical security patches), anti-virus software is installed, and that firewall protection is enabled. The scan does not collect or review any personal data on your system. Please note that if you elect not to register your system, you will not be able to access the campus network, which includes Internet access.
What to expect
- When you plug your computer in to your room network and attempt to access the network, you will be automatically prompted to register your system through a series of step-by-step instructions.
- If your computer needs operating system updates or firewall protection, the system will note the missing items and ask you to complete those changes.
- If no changes are required, the system will successfully register your computer and you may proceed with network access.
- Gaming console (PlayStation, Xbox, Wii, etc.), smart TVs, Blu-ray players, etc. should auto-register without any action needed on your part. If you find that a device cannot connect, you may visit http://netsentry1.ttu.edu/registration for instructions on how to register the device manually.
Residence Hall Support walkthrough schedule
RHS technicians will conduct walkthroughs for assistance in each of the residence halls between January 14th and January 17th. If you need assistance:
- Locate the timeslot during which RHS technicians will be available in your residence hall.
- Hang the provided, red "Help" door tag on your door.
- RHS technicians will knock on your door during the allotted time to provide assistance.
RHS will continue appointment based operations throughout the walkthrough schedule. You can contact IT Help Central at (806) 742-HELP (4357) for further assistance if you will not be available during the scheduled walkthrough times.
Tips to register
You can prepare for NRAC by updating your operating system, your anti-virus software, and verifying your firewall is enabled.
Update operating system
Your operating system needs to be up to date. Please visit the following links for instructions.
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- In "Category View", click System and Security.
- Click Windows Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Ensure that "On" is clicked.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Under the Firewall tab, click Turn On Firewall.