Akira Asada, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-3825
Kinesiology and Sport Management, Rm 131
Office Hours: Friday 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- 2017 - Ph.D., Health and Human Performance, University of Florida
- 2014 - M.S., Sport Management, University of Florida
- 2012 - B.S., Sport Sciences, Waseda University
Current Courses Taught
- SPMT 4356 - Fundamentals of Sport Marketing
- SPMT 4374 - International Sport Management
- SPMT 5324 - Marketing and Promotions in Sport
- SPMT 5348 - Sponsorship and Endorsement in Sport
- Sport Consumer Behavior
- Word of Mouth
- Social Influence
Asada, A., & Sanderson, J. (In press). Supporting sacrifice or condemning belief: Consumer reactions to Nike's advertising campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick. International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing.
Asada, A., & Arai, A. (In press). Post-event effects: A new perspective on giveaway items distributed at sporting events. Journal of Global Sport Management.
Asada, A., Ko, Y. J. & Jang, W. (2020). Effects of relative size and homogeneity of sports fan community on potential fans' support intentions. Journal of Sport Management, 34(2), 103–119.
Asada, A., & Ko, Y. J. (2019). Conceptualizing relative size and entitativity of sports fan community and their roles in sport socialization. Journal of Sport Management, 33(6), 530–545.
Asada, A., & Ko, Y. J. (2019). Perceived influence of word-of-mouth recommendation in sport-watching behavior: A gender difference perspective. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 28(3), 135–147.
Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management
AddressBox 43011, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409