Christopher M McLeod, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-4889
Kinesiology and Sport Management, Rm 133
Tuesday 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- 2017 – Ph.D., Sport Management, Florida State University
- 2013 – M.S., Sport Management, Florida State University
- 2012 – B.S., Physical Education, University of Otago
Current Courses Taught
- SPMT 4357 – Financial and Economic Aspects of Sport
- SPMT 4353 – Social Issues in Sport
- Science and technology of sport markets, how they are conceived, created, and maintained
- Ecological economics and policy to build a steady state sport industry
- Non-athlete labor, atypical work, and precarity in sport events
- Actor-Network Theory
- Object-Oriented Ontology
- 2013 - 2017 - Florida State University Legacy Fellowship
- McLeod, C. M., Pu, H. & Newman, J. I. (Accepted). Blue skies over Beijing: Olympics,environments, and the People's Republic of China. Sociology of Sport Journal special issue on sport and the environment.
- McLeod, C. M. & Holden, J. T. (In Press). Steady-state economics and stadiums: Using the date of ecological maturity to conceptualize and govern sport facility construction. In B. P. McCullough & T. B. Kellison (Eds.) the Routledge Handbook of Sport and the Environment.
- McLeod, C. M. & Holden, J. T. (2017). Ecological economics and sport stadium public financing. William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review, 41(3), 581-603.
- Horner, M. I., Ternes, N., & McLeod, C. M. (2016). Not going pro: On seeking lasting returns from college sports. Journal of Amateur Sport, 2(1), 188-213.
- McLeod, C. M., Lovich, J., Newman, J. I., & Shields, R. (2014). The training camp: American football and/as spectacle of exception. Journal of Sport & Social Issues, 38(3), 222-244.
Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management
AddressBox 43011, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409