N. David Pifer, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-2346
Kinesiology and Sport Management, Rm 135
- 2017 – Ph.D., Kinesiology (Sport Management & Policy), University of Georgia
- 2012 – M.S., Sport Administration, Marshall University
- 2009 – B.A., Business, Covenant College
Current Courses Taught
- SPMT 4357 – Financial and Economic Aspects of Sport
- SPMT 5003 – Internship in Sport Management
- SPMT 5324 – Marketing and Promotion in Sport
- Player and Team Performance Analytics
- Player Salaries and Professional Sports Labor Markets
- Fantasy Sports and Gambling
- Marketing Strategy
- Pifer, N. D., Mak, J. Y., Bae, W., Zhang, J. J. (2015).Examining the relationship between star player characteristics and the branding process of professional sport teams, The Marketing Management Journal, 25(2), 88-106.
- Gong, B., Pifer, N. D., Wang, J. J., Kim, M., Kim, M. K., Qian, T. Y., & Zhang, J. J. (2015). Fans' attention to, involvement in, and satisfaction with professional soccer in China. Social Behavior and Personality, 43(10), 1667-1682.
- Baker, T. A., Liu, X., Brison, N., & Pifer, N. D. (2017). Air Qiaodan: An examination of transliteration and trademark squatting in china based on Jordan vs. Qiaodan Sports, International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, 18(1), 95-105.
- Min, S., Bae, W., Pifer, N.D., & Pillay, C. (2014). An empirical analysis of the effectiveness of World Wrestling Entertainment marketing strategies. The Sport Journal, 2014 Feb.
- Kim, M., Pifer, N. D., Kim, M., Kim, S. S., & Zhang, J. J. (2016). Impact of volunteer motivation on behavioral commitment to media center volunteerism during the London Olympic Games. In B. G. Pitts, & J. J. Zhang (Eds.), Bridging the Gap in Sport Management Globally (pp. 187-208). London, UK: Routledge.
Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management
AddressBox 43011, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409