Eric Rivas, Ph.D.
- 2017 – Postdoctoral Fellow, Exercise, Metabolism, and Temperature Regulation in Burns, University of Texas Medical Branch & Shriners Hospitals for Children, Galveston TX
- 2016 – Postdoctoral Scholar, Pediatric Exercise Physiology, University of California, Irvine CA
- 2015 – Ph.D. Exercise Physiology, Texas Woman's University, Denton TX
- 2015 – Predoctoral Fellow, Integrative & Thermal Physiology, Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas TX
- 2005 – M.S. Kinesiology, Texas A&M University, Kingsville TX
- 2004 – B.S. Kinesiology, Texas A&M University, Kingsville TX
Current Courses Taught
- KIN 4368 Applied Exercise Physiology
- KIN 5332 Applied Physiology of Exercise
- Health disparities in Hispanic populations
- Nutrition, exercise, and passive hyperthermia interventions on metabolic, immune and vascular health in metabolic dysfunctional populations (severe burn injury, obesity, and diabetes).
- Temperature regulation, cardiovascular, perception, and tolerance during rest and exercise in compensable and uncompensable heat stress.
Awards & Honors
- 2017 Fellow, (Cohort 6) Program to Increase Diversity in Cardiovascular Health-Related Research (PRIDE-CVD) sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- 2017 F32 NRSA Individual Postdoctoral Fellowship, National Institute of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute
- 2017 Level 3 Leadership & Diversity Award, The American College of Sports Medicine
- 2017 Mead Johnson Research Award for best abstract from The American Physiological Society Endocrinology & Metabolism Section at Experimental Biology Conference
- 2016 Diversity Research Supplement, National Institute of Health, Eunice Kennedy Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
- 2015 Manuscript Award from the Texas Regional Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine
- 2015 Poster Award from the Texas Regional Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine
- 2014 Military Physiology Predoctoral Award for best abstract from The American Physiological Society Environmental and Exercise Physiology Section at Experimental Biology Conference
- 2014 Predoctoral Fellowship Award, The American Heart Association
- 2013 Carl V. Gisolfi Award from The American College of Sports Medicine
Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management
AddressBox 43011, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409