Matt Huml, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-4379
Kinesiology and Sport Management, Rm 134
- 2016 - Ph.D., Sport Administration, University of Louisville
- 2011 - M.Ed., College Student Affairs Leadership, Grand Valley State University
- 2009 - B.S., Physical Education (Coaching Emphasis), Grand Valley State University
Current Courses Taught
- SPMT 4359 - Sport Law & Governance
- SPMT 5322 - Organizational Behavior in Sport
- Academic Experience of Student-Athletes
- Community Service in Intercollegiate Sport
- Former Student-Athletes Transitioning to Adulthood
Huml, M. R., & Moorman, A. M. (2017). Student-athlete educational records? The involvement of FERPA within recent NCAA Division I academic scandals. Journal of Legal Aspects of Sport, 27, 127-144. doi:10.1123/jlas.2015-0022
Huml, M. R., Hancock, M. G., & Svensson, P. G. (2017). Community service and intercollegiate athletics: A student involvement approach to college athlete engagement. Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 10, 101-121.
Huml, M. R., Hambrick, M. E., & Hums, M. A. (2016). Coaches' Perceptions of the Reduction of Athletic Commitment for Division II Student-Athletes: Development and Validation of a Measure of Athletic/Academic Balance. Journal of Intercollegiate Sport, 9(2), 303-325.
- Weight, E. A., & Huml, M. R. (2016). Education Through Athletics: An Examination of Academic Courses Designed for NCAA Athletes. Journal of Intercollegiate Sport, 9(2), 352-378.
Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management
AddressBox 43011, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409