May 2021 Commencement Ceremony
6:00 p.m. · Saturday, May 15, 2021 · United Supermarkets Arena
We are excited to be able to celebrate you in person at the United Supermarkets Arena.
Beginning at 10:00 a.m., graduates and guests are welcome to tour the Law School building. Masks must be worn at all times in the Law School and social distance maintained, unless a part of immediate family.
During the ceremony gradates will need to wear their robe, hood, tam, and mask into the arena. Please enter the arena via the north entrance and take the stairs labeled “stairwell 23” to the event level. After you check-in with Assistant Dean Janessa Walls, you will be seated on the arena floor. Seating will be on a first come basis. When we get to the reading of the names, you will take a socially distanced photo with Dean Nowlin, proceed to the green screen for your Candid Photography picture, and then exit the arena the way you came in. Families are to meet you outside. We will NOT have an attendant to watch any personal belongings you come in with and the Arena will NOT be held responsible for lost items.
- The United Supermarkets Arena will open at 5:00pm for families to enter and find their seats.
- You will be walking East to West
- The arena has a clear bag policy, please inform family and friends to either have a clear bag or to leave belongings in the car.
- The arena is a smoke- and vape-free facility.
- Concessions will not be available during the hooding ceremony.
- Masks are to be worn at all times in the Law School and during the hooding ceremony.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed for family and friends unable to make it in person.
- The Law School R21 parking lot (Indiana Avenue and Texas Tech Parkway) will be open to graduates and their guests the day of graduation. Please enter via Hartford Avenue and inform the parking attendant that you are attending the Law School Hooding Ceremony.