University Libraries Strategic Plan
I. Identify TTU Libraries Initiatives
TTU Libraries' provide public services such as Circulation, Interlibrary Loan, research assistance and a one hour for credit course. The Libraries' strive for interactions between employees and users to be positive and productive.
- Provide exemplary Library Services to the TTU community and beyond.
- Create library-wide online resources such as datasets, dashboards and libguides to meet the growing needs of users and allow access for a greater number of users.
- Outreach to departments and colleges at TTU to provide instruction to students and faculty and obtain input from students and faculty on resources and collections to enhance and complement scholarship/research endeavors.
These initiatives support and align with the following University Priorities: 1) Increase Enrollment and Promote Student Success; 2) Strengthen Academic Quality and Reputation; 3) Expand and Enhance Research and Creative Scholarship; 4) Further Outreach and Engagement
Support services at TTU Libraries ensure the continual access and awareness of library systems, services and materials.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of current systems, services, and collections through user experience, system testing, surveys, and discussions to provide the highest quality resources and experience for library users
- Accessibility to library website and services.
- Create awareness campaigns with marketing and outreach materials to promote new and continuing library services.
- Create policies and procedures to select (obtain) collections and datasets necessary for supporting research needs of the TTU community.
These initiatives support and align with the following University Priorities: 2) Strengthen Academic Quality and Reputation; 4) Further Outreach and Engagement
The TTU Libraries' provide current technology to the TTU community. As technology services evolve, the TTU Libraries' ensures that users have access to the latest services available and continue to look at technology trends as they develop.
- Provide timely, cutting edge technology for users.
- Facilitate partnerships to ensure TTU Libraries are able to provide cutting edge services to TTU community.
- Provide access to library resources and collections to all TTU Libraries users via online accessibility.
These initiatives support and align with the following University Priorities: 3) Expand and Enhance Research and Creative Scholarship; 4) Further Outreach and Engagement
Library as Place / Facilities
- Transform Libraries building/Spaces to meet the changing needs of education and research
- Create more learning spaces for users.
- Enhance current study areas.
- Secure offsite storage
These initiatives support and align with the following University Priorities: 5) Increase and Maximize Resources
Professional development at the TTU Libraries encourages a continual learning environment.
- Provide ongoing professional development opportunities for all library employees to refine and enhance knowledge and trends in Libraries.
These initiatives support and align with the following University Priorities: 3) Expand and Enhance Research and Creative Scholarship; 5) Increase and Maximize Resources