What Counts as an Exhibit?
There are two kinds of exhibits allowed in the library:
- Traditional Exhibits: A request from a student, faculty, or staff member to place on show an object or collection of objects within the University Library.
- Student Work Displays: A request from a faculty or staff member to display student work for a class project or program within the University Library for purposes of peer review, display, and/or grading.
Exhibits within the University Library will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. All exhibits within the University Library must support the University's educational mission and the Libraries' mission.
There are currently two spaces available for exhibits in the University Library: Croslin Room North (by Sam's Express) and Croslin Room South (by the accessible entrance).
Exhibit Setup and Cases
Exhibits can be both in cases and free-standing (e.g., poster displays). Exhibits in cases must fill two small display cases and one medium display case.
|Display Case Type||Features||Number per space|
||Height x Width x Depth (inches): 71 x 35 x 17
4 adjustable shelves
||Height x Width x Depth (inches): 73.5 x 24 x 19
5 adjustable shelves
Because space is considered on a first-come, first-served basis, space may not be available during the requested time.1
Requesting Exhibit Space
- Decide what kind of exhibit you want to do and what materials you will need.
- Fill out the Request Exhibit Space form:
- Traditional Exhibit requests must be submitted at least 6 months in advance.2
- Student Work Display requests must be submitted at least 1 month in advance.3
- The University Libraries' Public Programming & Outreach Committee will then review the scope of the request (does it support the University's educational mission) and the request details (do we have the space available).
- If approved the Libraries' Event Manager will email you the agreement forms to sign, and any additional details as necessary.
Curation of exhibits will be done by the requestor (i.e., organization, setup, marketing, display captions and labels, maintenance, deconstruction, and removal).
- The TTU Library cannot guarantee security and monitoring for pieces displayed in the cases or otherwise.
- Duration of Traditional Exhibits: Exhibits will run for no more than 3 months.
- Duration of Student Work Displays: Displays will run for no more than 1 month.