Events & Exhibits Overview
Until further notice, the Libraries are not accepting Event or Exhibit Requests at this time.
Purpose and Mission
As one of the most frequently used buildings on campus, the University Libraries space is seen as prime real estate for displaying exhibits and works as well as hosting events, conferences, and more.
The University Library's spaces in the University Library and Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library (SWC/SCL) are designed for programs open to TTU students, faculty, and staff that support learning opportunities and engagement. As a public institution, we also support scholarly activities meant for public outreach.
Who Can Use These Spaces?
TTU students, faculty, and staff who want to create exhibits or host events that support learning opportunities and engagement.
When Are Spaces Available?
Because our library is spread over several different buildings, please note the different hours of operation:
- Events in the University Library (by the SUB) are normally scheduled between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Exceptions outside these hours will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Events in the SWC/SCL may only be scheduled between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Exhibits in the Croslin Room are available for viewing during all hours the University Library is open.
For further details about space locations, please see this map of the University Library.
How Long in Advance Must You Reserve Space?
Because we have limited spaces, you must reserve spaces in advance:
- Events (including conference, meeting, reception, etc.): at least 1 month in advance
- Traditional Exhibits: 6 months in advance
- Student Work Displays (specific type of exhibit): 1 month in advance
Space reservation follows the first-come, first-served principle with priority given to the Libraries' mission.
As a public institution, we strive to make sure our spaces are open and welcoming. As such, please note the following three things:
- All rooms are ADA accessible, and all buildings have ADA accessible bathrooms.
- All room setups are in compliance with ADA and fire codes (note: it is the responsibility of the group or organization to ensure that the content of their events and exhibits are ADA compliant).
- Guest and after-hours parking is available on campus. Please visit the TTU Transportation and Parking Services website for more details.
For further details about hosting Events or creating Exhibits in the library, please see their respective pages on the sidebar.
If You Have Any Questions
If you have any further questions or need assistance, please contact the Events Manager, Len Markham, at email@example.com.