What is Lean Library?
Lean Library is a browser extension that enhances and simplifies access to full-text articles, ebooks, and other resources available through the library. No matter where you start your research, Lean Library recognizes which resources the library has access to and notifies you when:
- You need to log in with your eRaider in order to access a library resource
- The library has access to an article or ebook you're viewing, just in a different location (for example, it's not available from ScienceDirect, but the library has access from Taylor & Francis)
- An Open Access version is available
- An article is not available through the library, but can be requested via Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan
- The library has important alerts to share with you, such as system maintenance notifications, tips and tricks, or other messages
How to Install Lean Library
- Navigate to the Lean Library download page
- Scroll down until you see the list of browsers, then click the “Download” button under your browser. This will direct you to the browser's extension installation page for Lean Library
- Follow your browser's installation prompts.
- If you're installing the extension from on campus, a Welcome page and tutorial will open in a new tab once the installation is complete. Lean Library is now ready to use!
- If you're installing the extension from off campus, a new tab will open once the installation is complete and a side tray will display on the right side of the page. In the side tray, click on the box under “Your institution” and select “Texas Tech Univ. Libraries” from the drop-down list. Once you've selected your institution, the side tray will display additional settings that you can customize.
Highlight & Search
With the Highlight & Search feature, you can start a new search at the TTU Libraries, Google Scholar, or WorldCat Discovery without leaving your current page. To use this feature:
- Highlight your desired search terms
- Right click on the highlighted text
- Select “Lean Library” from the menu
- Select the search engine you want to use. Lean Library will then open a new tab with your search results
Note: This feature is not compatible with Safari.
Lean Library integrates with Google Scholar to provide direct access to library-subscribed content by telling these sites that you are affiliated with Texas Tech University. In Google Scholar, your search results will be enhanced with full-text links next to articles the library has access to, as well as links to subscribe to journal updates.
We'd like to hear from you
Once you've had a chance to try Lean Library, we would like to get your feedback and hear about your experiences using the extension.
Survey:Lean Library Feedback
If you're experiencing technical difficulties, please contact us at libraries.ERLIBSYS@ttu.edu.
The Lean Library browser extension doesn't collect any personal information unless you actively share it, nor does it collect your IP address or your device's unique device IDs. For more information, please see: