Publishing at TTU Libraries
Open Access Journals
TTU Libraries offers editorial, technical, and publisher services for local open access journals. For information on our services and policies, visit our Open Access Journals guide.
Our current journals:
- Archivation Exploration
- Cotton and Textile Topics
- Cefiro: Hispanic Cultural and Literary Journal
- FIRE: Forum for International Research in Education
- Journal of the Texas Tech University Ethics Center
- Journal of Vernacular Music
Publishing affordable digital textbooks by TTU faculty for TTU students.
This new program aims to publish textbooks written by TTU faculty which will be adopted in TTU classrooms. Works will be peer-reviewed and sold at low-cost to increase affordability for students across campus. Currently in the pilot stage, we welcome proposals from faculty ready to work with library staff to develop the first round of high-quality, digital textbooks at affordable prices. Textbooks of all disciplines and completion status—from unwritten to unpublished to previously published—are welcome. The program defines textbooks as works written for classroom adoption, whether traditional textbooks, readers, or lab manuals. For more information, visit our RAIDER Publishing guide.
RAIDER Publishing currently seeks authors interested in participating in the pilot stage of our new program. Contact the Digital Publishing Librarian to learn how you can work with library staff to produce a customized, high-quality, affordably-priced, digital textbook.
Open Access Publishing
- Texas Tech University Open Access Initiative A fund of $25,000 has been allocated by the Office of the Vice President for Research to be used to help authors defray the cost of open access publication fees.
- ThinkTech Researchers and scholars can use ThinkTech to distribute and archive previously published or new works at no cost to the author or reader. Must comply with publisher policy. Visit our Submission Guide and FAQ page for step-by-step instructions.
- Raider Digital Publishing is a project of Texas Tech University Libraries. This Pressbooks instance allows the TTU community to adopt, modify, and publish open educational resources (OER) and open textbooks. Please contact Digital Services Librarian, Heidi Winkler, for more information.
Featured Faculty Research in ThinkTech:
General Questions: email@example.com
Digital Services Librarian
Phone: (806) 834-1304
Research, Instruction, and Outreach Librarian
Phone: (806) 834-2148