2021 Matador Opera Workshop will open on February 1st. If you have questions about your application please email Rebecca.Hays@ttu.edu or call the workshop office at 806.742.2225.
Housing: The Matador Opera Workshop will not be handling housing. Housing during the workshop is the responsibility of the workshop participant.
- The Staybridge in Lubbock is offering a camp rate, call for details:
- Camp Rate: $79
- Each room has two beds and a full pull-out couch bed.
- During reservation state that you are with the Matador Opera Workshop
- If you wish to share a room please indicate this to Ms. Cantu in an email (Jcantu@sbslubbock.com). Payment may be split upon arrival between campers.
Registration closes, May 1st.
Tuition is due by May 17th. To make a payment on your account after you have registered, please call the camp office at 806.742.2225.
After May 17th there is a $50 cancelation fee.
- Registration for the Matador Opera Workshop is open to all interested singers for the scenes program and role assignments are by audition.
- Use the link to register: depts.ttu.edu/music/ttuboc/Forms/opera-workshop-registration.php
- Pay by CREDIT CARD - we accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- Pay by CHECK - complete the registration process and mail check to the camp office with registration number and health form
- No deposit required
- Please only hit the submit button once. If your confirmation doesn't appear, call the camp office at 806.742.2225 to confirm that it was submitted.
ADDITIONAL WORKSHOP INFORMATION
- All workshop participants will be assigned a role to study. Some participants will be given a principal role to sing in its entirety while others will be able to perform in scenes from that role.
- The recitatives will be studied in recitative class, however, in the performances, we will be speaking the recitatives in English due to time restraints.
- We will be using the score (G.Schirmer) for opera/scenes in the link below
- Please use the practice track in the link below when preparing for the workshop
- The opera will be performed with piano and have a conductor.
- The opera workshop participants will be divided into three cohorts, Ruby, Onyx, and Pearl.
- Each cohort will have a double cast roster of the opera Cosi fan tutte.
- It is expected that all musicians numbers be memorized upon arrival.
- All accompanied recitatives (recitatives normally sung with orchestra) will be sung in Italian.
- There will be a Master Class with Mary Jane Johnson, Amarillo Opera General on Monday, May 24th. She will select the performers for this class. If you wish to be considered for this class, please email D.r Hays your desired audition video link at email@example.com.
- There will be a solo aria recital on the evening of May 28th at 7 pm. This concert will be broadcast from Hemmle Recital Hall on the TTU School of Music YouTube music channel.
- Dress Rehearsal will be 6/1-6/2. Each singer will receive a minimum of one dress rehearsal.
- Performances will be 6/3 and 6/4 with a possible matinee 6/5. Each cast will have (at least) one complete run of the opera. Some singers will share the role (for example: (One Despina sings Act 1, another sings Act. 2, etc. ))based upon personnel, preparation, and readiness.
- Performances will be broadcast from the Hemmle Recital Hall on the TTU School of Music YouTube music channel and open to the public.
- you will be assigned your show based upon your cohort. These will be assigned on or
before 5/28. Shows will take place at the following times:
- 6/3: 11 am, 3 pm, 7 pm
- 6/4: 11 am, 3 pm, 7 pm
- 6/5: 11 am
- the complete camp daily schedule will be posted no later than Friday, May 7th, 2021.
COSI FAN TUTTE: CUTS & TRANSLATIONS
Cuts: Please review the Cosi Fan Tutte Cuts document
Translation: Cosi Fan Tutte Translations document
Dr. Rebecca Wascoe Hays, soprano - Artistic Director/Applied Voice
Prof. Gerald Dolter, baritone - Cosi fan tutte Stage Director
Dr. Jeffery Peterson, Voice Coach/Conductor
Dr. Gregory Brookes, baritone - Applied Voice
Prof. Eric Stoklossa, tenor - Applied Voice
Dr. Alice Anne Light, mezzo-soprano - Yoga for Singers/Applied Voice
Dr. Allen Saunders, bass
Eric Gibson, stage director