Misak G. Avetisyan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor - Department of Economics
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1014
Faculty Office: 258 Holden Hall
- Ph.D., Economics, Purdue University, 2011
- M.A., Applied Economics, Ohio University, 2006
- M.S.,Environmental Studies, Ohio University, 2006
- M.S.,Engineering Management, State Engineering University of Armenia, 2001
- B.S.,Power Engineering, State Engineering University of Armenia, 1999
- Environmental and Resource Economics
- Energy Economics
- Economics Analysis of Natural and Man-made Hazards, and Energy Security
- International Economics
- Rose, A., M. Avetisyan, S. Chatterjee (2014). "A Framework for Analysing the Economic Tradeoffs between Urban Commerce and Security against Terrorism," Risk Analysis 34(8): 1554-1579
- Roberts, B., Rose, A. Heatwole, N., Wei, D., Avetisyan, M., Chan, O., I. Maya (2014). "The Impact on the U.S. Economy of Changes in Wait Times at Ports of Entry," Transport Policy 35: 162-175
- Avetisyan, M., T. Hertel, G. Sampson (2014). "Is Local Food More Environmentally Friendly? The Greenhouse Gas Emissions Impacts of Consuming Imported vs. Domestically Produced Food," Environmental and Resource Economics 58(3): 415-462.
- Avetisyan, M., T. Hertel, G. Sampson (2013), "Food Miles Debated," Nature Climate Change 3(9):781.
- Cristea, A., D. Hummels, L. Puzzello, M. Avetisyan (2013). "Trade and the Greenhouse Gas Emissions from International Freight Transport," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 65(1): 153-173.
- Avetisyan, M., A. Golub, T. Hertel, S. Rose, B. Henderson (2011). "Why a Global Carbon Policy could Have a Dramatic Impact on the Pattern of the Worldwide Livestock Production," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy 33(4): 584-605.
- Avetisyan M., D. Bayless, T. Gnuni (2006). "Optimal Expansion of a Developing Power System under the Conditions of Market Economy and Environmental Constraints," Energy Economics 28(4): 455-466.