Stephen Bayne, Ph.D.
Associate Chair for Graduate Studies
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Lubbock, TX 79409−3102
- Power Electronics for Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Design of Compact Power Electronics Converters
- Evaluation of Power Devices for Power Electronics & Pulse Power Applications
- Personal Information
Dr. Bayne's Curriculum Vitae
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University, (1997)
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University, (1994)
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University, (1993)
Membership in Professional Societies:
- Senior member of IEEE
- IEEE Industrial Applications Society
- IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Science Society
- IEEE Power Electronics Society
- Passed Chair of Baltimore IEEE Power Electronics Chapter (Started the chapter)
Honors and Awards:
- Recognized Faculty Member, the Honors Convocation, College of Engineering 2014
- IEEE Texas Tech University Student Branch Teacher of the Year 2013-2014
- TTU Teaching Academy, Inducted May 2013
- Recognized Faculty Member, the Honors Convocation, College of Engineering 2013
- TTU Student Organization Outstanding Organization Advisor Award (National Society of
- Black Engineers), 2012
- TTU Lockheed Martin Excellence in Engineering Teaching award, 2012
- Army Greatest Invention Award, 2007
- Army Research and Development Award, 2006
- Army Research Lab Achievement Award for Human Resources Development, 2002
- Army Research Lab Achievement Award for Engineering, 2002
- Army Research and Development Award, 2002
- Nominated for Black Engineer of the year by the U.S. Army, 2001
Submitted/Under Review (Students denoted by *)
-  Anitha Subburaj*, Bejoy Pushpakaran*, Dr. Stephen Bayne, "Overview of Grid Connected Renewable Energy based Battery Projects in USA" in Renewable & Sustainable Energy Review Journal
Peer-Reviewed Journal Publications (Students denoted by *)
-  Sandeep Nimmagadda, Atiqul Islam, Stephen B. Bayne, Javier Sanchez, Lourdes Garcia Caballero, "Improvements in the modeling of wind turbines in power system studies," Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, Vol 7, Issue 4, Aug 2015
-  Rajnish Kumar, Michael G Giesselmann, Stephen Bayne, Miao He, "Generalized Method For Formulation Of Optimal Pmu Placement Problem," International Journal of Power and Energy Systems, Vol 35 Issues 1, 2015
-  James Schrock, William B Ray, Kevin Lawson, Argenis Bilbao, Stephen B Bayne, Shad L Holt, Lin Cheng, John W Palmour, Charles Scozzie, "High-Mobility Stable 1200-V, 150-A 4H-SiC DMOSFET Long-Term Reliability Analysis Under High Current Density Transient Conditions," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol 30, Issuse 6, June 2015
-  Argenis V. Bilbao, James A. Schrock, William B. Ray II, Mitchell D. Kelley, Shad L. Holt, Michael G. Giesselmann, Stephen B. Bayne, "Development and testing of an active high voltage saturation probe for characterization of ultra-high voltage silicon carbide semiconductor devices.", Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol 86 Issuse 8, 2015
-  Xuan Pan, Guofeng Ren, Md Nadim Ferdous Hoque, Stephen Bayne, Kai Zhu, Zhaoyang Fan, Fast Supercapacitors Based on Graphene‐Bridged V2O3/VOx Core–Shell Nanostructure Electrodes with a Power Density of 1 MW kg, Advanced Material Interfaces, 1 December 2014
-  A.S. Subburaj, B.N Pushpakaran, S.B. Bayne, "Overview of grid connected renewable energy based battery projects in USA," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review, Vol 45, PP 219-234, 31 May 2015
-  Schrock, J.A.; Ray II, W.B.; Lawson, K.; Bilbao, A.; Bayne, S.B.; Holt, S.L.; Cheng, L.; Palmour, J.W.; Scozzie, C., "High-Mobility Stable 1200-V, 150-A 4H-SiC DMOSFET Long-Term Reliability Analysis Under High Current Density Transient Conditions," Power Electronics, IEEE Transactions on , vol.30, no.6, pp.2891,2895, June 2015  Sandhya Kota, Stephen B. Bayne, Sandeep Nimmagadda*, Offshore wind energy: A comparative analysis of UK, USA and India, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 41, January 2015, Pages 685-694
-  Anitha Subburaj*, Dr. Stephen B Bayne, Dr. Michael Giesselmann, "Analysis of Equivalent Circuit of The Battery Connected to The Grid", IEEE IAS Journal, accepted for publication in August 2014.
-  Sandeep Nimmagadda*, Atiqul Islam*, Stephen B. Bayne, R.P. Walker, Lourdes Garcia Caballero, Albert Fisas Camanes, "A study of recent changes in Southwest Power Pool and Electric Reliability Council of Texas and its impact on the U.S. wind industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 36, August 2014, Pages 350-361.
-  Sandeep Nimmagadda*, Mark A. Harral, and Stephen B. Bayne, "Quantitative Analysis of Wind Financial Transmission Rights using Proforma Model", International Journal of Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 34, No. 1, July 2014.
-  S .Bayne, S. Lacouture*, K. Lawson*, M. Giesselmann, C. Scozzie, H. O'Brien, A. Ogunniyi, "Evaluation of Experimental Si and SiC SGTO Thyristors for Wide Pulse High Action Applications," Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol 85, pp 075107, June 2014.
-  K. Lawson*, S. Bayne, S. Lacouture*, L. Cheng, H. O'Brien, A. Ogunniyi, C. Scozzie, "Safe Operating Area and Long-Term Reliability of 9 kV Silicon Carbide PNPN Super Gate Turn-Off Thyristors," IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol 35, PP 862-864, June 2014.
-  B. Pushpakaran*, M. Hinojosa*, S. Bayne, V. Veliadis, D. Urciuoli, N. El-Hinnawy, P. Borodulin, S. Gupta, C. Scozzie, "Evaluation of SiC JFET Performance During Repetitive
- Pulsed Switching Into an Unclamped Inductive Load," Plasma Science, IEEE Transactions
- on , vol.PP, no.99, pp.1,1, 2014.
-  G. Ren, X. Pan, S. Bayne, Z. Fan, "Kilohertz ultrafast electrochemical supercapacitors based on perpendicularly-oriented graphene grown inside of nickel foam," Journal of Carbon, 2014.
-  A. Islam*, S. Nimmagadda*, S. Bayne, and L. Caballero, "Power Quality Analysis of a Wind Turbine Using Optimal Iteration Process", International Journal of Renewable Energy Research (IJRER), Vol 3, No. 3 (2013).