Wind Energy Graduate Credential Program: Case Studies with DNV GL
About the Program:
TTU's National Wind Institute (NWI) is proudly collaborating with industry leader, DNV GL, to provide an on-line and in-class credential that includes case-studies focused on up-to-date issues in the wind power field.
DNV GL is a global certification and technical assurance company with 30 years of experience in the wind industry.
This program is for wind energy professionals or those interested in the renewable electric power industry, and allows students to receive a TTU Credential in Wind Energy (co-branded with DNV GL) after completing just two Wind Energy classes.
Using a combination of in-class and online formats, this credentialing program will enable global access to cutting edge instruction based on real-life case studies from DNV GL. There are two tracks, both of which may be completed by taking courses as resident students or as distance-education students:
- Technical Track - designed for professionals working in the technical aspects of the industry such as engineering, manufacturing, or design.
- Managerial Track - designed for professionals working in wind farm development, economics or in managerial or supervisory positions.
Classes will be led by TTU-NWI Wind Energy faculty and DNV GL experts who will draw from the company's 30 years of experience in the wind industry:
Texas Tech University:
- There are two required courses for each track:
- WE 5310 - Advanced Managerial Wind Energy I
- WE 5311 - Advanced Managerial Wind Energy II
- WE 5300 - Advanced Technical Wind Energy I
- WE 5301 - Advanced Technical Wind Energy II
Successful completion of Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
NOTE: Undergraduate students within 12 hours of graduation and with at least a "B" average may apply for the course with permission from the Dean and from their academic advisor.
- Official TTU-DNV GL application form (See here for form)
- Certificate Program Application form submission (See here for form)
- Admission to the TTU Graduate School (See here for Graduate School)
All THREE steps are required before the process can formally begin.
Financial Aid Information:
Final Step and Questions:
Email Chris Pattison National Wind Institute, TTU to enroll after admission requirements are completed or for any further questions.