Sheldon Gorell, Ph.D.
Texas Tech University
Bob L. Herd Department of Petroleum Engineering
Lubbock, TX 79409−3111
Dr. Gorell's research Interests are related to high performance reservoir simulation and modeling, focusing on challenging problems relevant to the current oil & gas environment:
- Calibration of effective reservoir properties using fine-scale heterogeneous models for conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
- Modeling of flow and pressure in fractures shale and tight reservoirs.
- Simulation and process automation applied to history matching and optimization,
- Sampling and updating methodologies for multi-parameter optimization.
Personal InformationCurriculum Vitae
- Ph.D., in Chemical Engineering, Stanford University, 1983
- M.S., in Chemical Engineering, Stanford University, 1979
- B.S., in Chemical Engineering, University of Rochester, 1978