Fulbright U.S. Student Program
What is Fulbright?
- Fulbright provides funding for 8-10 months of study, independent research or teaching English abroad.
- Open to all fields of study.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
(Undergraduate students apply fall of senior year. Graduate students cannot hold a Ph.D. during grant period.)
- Round-trip transportation
- Monthly stipend for room and board - amounts vary by country
- Accident and Sickness Coverage
Other Possible Benefits
- Support for Dependents
- Research allowance
- Language lessons
- Enhancement activities
- Disability-related accommodations
How to Get Started
- Get familiar with the Fulbright program, eligibility and application components at Fulbright 101.
- Visit the Fulbright U.S. Student Program website and explore the various grant options and countries of interest. Country requirements on language proficiency levels vary and number of available grants can also vary.
- Attend a TTU information session (see dates below under Events & Deadlines).
How to Apply
Submit Notice of Intent A Notice of Intent Form must be submitted as soon as possible to express your interest in Fulbright and to begin the application process with support from our office.
Online Application The Fulbright online application can be accessed through the Slate Application System. TTU students must submit all application materials by the internal deadline of September 1, 2023.
- completed online application
- statement of purpose
- personal statement
- letter of affiliation from an institution in the host country (not required for ETAs)
- unofficial transcripts from all universities/colleges attended
- three letters of recommendation (from faculty or field expert)
- language evaluation for non-English speaking countries (critical language award statement if studying in certain countries)
- *Creative and performing artists provide samples of their work.
2023 Events & Deadlines
|Fulbright Info Sessions (Register at firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Spring sessions will be announced soon.
|Internal Application Deadline||9/1/23|
Internal ApplicationDue September 1, 2023 (include all application components)
Application Internal Reviews September 11-27, 2023
Fulbright Application Due October 2023 (exact date TBA)
Internal Reviews All applicants will be scheduled to meet with the TTU Fulbright Internal Review Committee to discuss their proposed projects/programs of study. Applicants will be contacted for a meeting to take place September 11-27, 2023. The committee will provide feedback and recommendations for improvement on the application.
Final Submission Online applications will be released, and students will have an opportunity to make revisions prior to the final national deadline. Once revisions are completed, students must resubmit the final online application by October 2023 (exact date TBA).
- Fulbright Types of Grants - Details the various grant options.
- Fulbright Resources and Events - Includes tutorials, webinars, videos and other valuable information.
- Fulbright Application Guide - Provides extensive details on application process and components.