Funding is provided for graduate study in the UK. In appointing Scholars the selectors will look for candidates who have the potential to excel as scholars, as leaders and as contributors to improved UK-US understanding. One- or two-year awards are available.
- be citizens of the United States of America (at the time they apply for a scholarship)
- hold first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States by the time the scholarship award begins
- grade point average of not less than 3.7
- have graduated from first undergraduate college or university after April 2016
- not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University or GCSE or A Levels taken at school in the UK
The selection criteria are divided into three equally weighted categories:
How to Apply
Submit Notice of Intent The Notice of Intent Form must be completed and submitted as soon as possible via email at email@example.com in order to initiate the application process. All applicants must must be endorsed by their university in order to apply. The NOI is the first step in alerting the NISF office that a student is seeking endorsement.
Online Application Students must register online to access the application. TTU students must complete the online application and all application components including recommendation letters by the internal deadline of September 3, 2018.
- Online application including several essays
- Four letters of recommendation
- Official university transcripts in PDF format should be uploaded online (Hard copies will be mailed by Fellowship Advisor)
- Institutional Endorsement
Internal Review for Endorsement An internal review committee will review applications and interview applicants after applicant submission. If endorsed, applicants will have an opportunity to revise application materials based on the feedback received from the committee.
Final Submission Final applications are due by October 1, 2018. The NISF director will make the final submission.
TTU Campus Marshall Fellowship Advisor
Wendoli Flores, M.S.
National and International Scholarships and Fellowships