2023 Engaged Scholarship Symposium
April 12, 2023
TTU Student Union Building
Sponsored by University Outreach and Engagement as part of
Discoveries to Impact Week!
The 2023 Engaged Scholarship Symposium brings together Texas Tech faculty, staff, students, and community partners to explore the theory and practice of outreach and engaged scholarship in higher education. Concurrent sessions will highlight programs, projects, and activities from various disciplines that are designed to help a diverse set of local, regional, and global communities while enhancing students' academic experiences, promoting research and creative activity, and/or advancing faculty scholarship.
Topics addressed include:
- Understanding and distinguishing between Outreach and Engaged Scholarship.
- Incorporating outreach and engaged scholarship into teaching, research/creative activity, or service.
- Involving students in outreach and engaged scholarship as part of the regular curriculum
- Building and sustaining mutually beneficial partnerships with different types of communities.
- Evaluating and documenting the impacts of engagement.
- Capitalizing on engagement with communities to advance faculty scholarship academic rewards, or external funding opportunities.
- Writing and publishing about engaged scholarship work.
- Assessing student learning outcomes from engaged teaching, research, or service activities.
- Other topics related to the theme.
The Engaged Scholarship Symposium will also feature the winners of the 2022 President's Engaged Scholarship Awards program. The annual awards recognize individual Texas Tech faculty and teams of faculty (including involved students and staff) from all disciplines for a project or activity that demonstrates exemplary and sustained commitment to mutually beneficial partnerships with external. The award recipients will discuss their engagement work and share best practices as well as the challenges and benefits of their specific project or activity.
AGENDA (Coming Soon)
For more information, contact University Outreach and Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for the symposium will be available soon. Attendance is free to all participants and includes all sessions, a keynote address, lunch, and breaks.