The Remnant Trust Student Internship
The Remnant Trust and Texas Tech University are offering an Internship for a Texas Tech University undergraduate or graduate student. A truly unique opportunity to interested parties, The Remnant Trust internship allows students a "hands-on" experience in which they work with 1st edition, early edition, and manuscript works part of our Wisdom of the Ages Athenaeum. The internship will be for Fall semester 2018.
The successful candidate will receive a paid internship for this one-semester opportunity. Students will be expected to commit 10 to 15 hours per week working closely with The Remnant Trust and other special collection librarians toward learning about daily operations, research and archiving collection, and working on projects for The Remnant Trust.
The Student Internship offers students the following opportunities:
- To help fulfill the shared mission of The Remnant Trust and Texas Tech University to create a public dialogue on the importance of historical and original texts;
- To participate in an active, collaborative learning experience;
- To actively participate in public events hosted by The Remnant Trust (some evening and weekend hours may be required);
- To assist and create marketing materials and packets;
- To work directly with the collection in research, cataloging, and records maintenance;
- To gain experience in the non-profit sector.
How to apply:
- Become familiar with The Remnant Trust Collection.
- Prepare and submit The Remnant Trust Student Internship Application by September 15, 2018. All applicants will be notified of the final decision by September 21, 2018.
- Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After your application is received, someone will contact you to setup an interview.
For questions or more information about this opportunity, please contact The Remnant Trust, Inc. at (806) 742-0375 or email@example.com.