Eric Hequet, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-0621
Bayer Plant Science, Room 122C
2911 15th Street
Lubbock, TX 79409-2122
- H.D.R. (Habilitation à diriger des recherches, required diploma to be full Professor in Europe) in Engineering Sciences, Université de Haute Alsace (France), December 2004.
- Ph.D. in Engineering Sciences, Université de Haute Alsace (France), October 2003.
- DEA (Diploma of Applied Advanced Studies) in Plants Genetics, Orsay, Paris XI (France), 1982.
- Maîtrise (Master of Sciences) in Genetics, Orsay, Paris XI (France), 1980.
- DEUG G (Diploma of Higher Education) in Chemistry-Physiology, Orsay, Paris XI (France), 1978.
- French, native language
- English, fluent
- Spanish, read
I am Horn Professor and Chair of the Department of Plant and Soil Science at Texas Tech University (TTU). I hold a Ph.D. and a “Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches” from the University of Haute Alsace in France (must have this diploma to be full professor in Europe). Before joining TTU, my experience progressed from cotton breeding at experiment stations in Africa, to head of CIRAD's Cotton Technology Laboratory in Montpellier - France, to Director of the international cotton program for CIRAD.
I generated 91 refereed journal publications, 2 books, 9 book chapters, more than 220 conference papers, 3 patents, 2 provisional patent, and 1 invention disclosure. Table I shows the journals in which I am publishing my work as well as the 2015 Thompson Reuters impact factors. To put these rankings into context, Cellulose and Textile Research Journal are ranked second and third respectively (out of 23) in the Materials Science, Textiles category while Industrial Crops and Products and Crop Science are ranked 6th and 23th respectively (out of 83) in the Agronomy category. My h-index is 14 based on Web of Knowledge. Ninety-three articles have citation data and have been cited 733 times. My h-index is 22 based on Google Scholar with 1972 citations. My RG score based on Research Gate is 33.03 with 1,190 citations.
- Develop new and/or improved testing methods for cotton.
- Collaborative research with the cotton breeding and cotton biotechnology community to develop improved properties in cotton fibers.
- PSS 5370 Cotton Fibers
- PSS 5376 Advance Studies Cotton Fibers
- PSS 5377 Cotton Fiber: Genotype to Phenotype Character