Center for Entrepreneurship and Family Business
The Center for Entrepreneurship and Family Business (CEFB) is focused on bringing the next generation of entrepreneurship to the Texas Tech community and our neighbors in the South Plains. The CEFB is a formally recognized university center. Although the operational support is contained with the Rawls College of Business, and more specifically the Area of Management, any individual or organization could actively participate in the CEFB. Currently, the CEFB includes representatives from the Whitacre College of Engineering, the Texas Tech Health Science Center, the College of Media & Communication, the Small Business Development Center, Texas Tech School of Law, and the Office of Technology Commercialization. The CEFB is also actively engaged in several activities that promote entrepreneurial research, academic study and active commercialization related to entrepreneurial discovery and opportunities.
In addition to the services offered to the academic community, the CEFB is expanding its involvement with the greater Lubbock community.
Dr. Mike Ryan, Executive Director
- Engineering - Certificate in Technology Entrepreneurship
- Media & Communication – Media Strategies
- Visual & Performing Arts – Undergraduate Certificate in Community Arts Entrepreneurship
- Cross-Listed – Hands-On Technology Commercialization Class
The CEFB is actively involved with initiatives supported by the Office of the Vice President for Research and the Small Business Development Center.
- Entrepreneurial Cognition
- Family Business
- International Entrepreneurial Environments/Cultures