Throughout the semester, Rawls College plans various events to celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion among students, staff and faculty. For more events at Texas Tech University, visit events.ttu.edu.
Donuts & Diversity Conversation Series
These information sessions span a variety of topics and are planned to help educate the Rawls College community of best practices related to diversity, equity and inclusion. Previous workshop topics include:
- Creating Inclusive Campus Spaces
- Disability Awareness
- Female Rawls Alums in Male-Dominated Industries
- LGBTQIA Allyship
- Recap of Diversity & Leadership Conferences
- The "S" in HSI
- Understanding Assumptions: The Effect of Bias in the Classroom
- Why Does the Word "Feminism" Generate Disdain?
- Celebrating Mentoring
- How the US Tax System Creates and Magnifies Racial Wealth Disparities
The annual Rawls Diversity Symposium features speakers, discussion panels and question-and-answer sessions on a variety of topics related to diversity in the marketplace. The symposium offers perspectives from experts, both in academia and in the workforce, on the positive effects diversity has both economically and socially.
All members of our campus community are invited to participate and contribute to the diversity symposium discussions as we work together to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment which values and respects every idea and contribution. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.