Texas Tech Today: Texas Tech Announces 2013 Homecoming King and Queen
Scott Stracener and Jill Berger were crowned as the 2013 Texas Tech University Homecoming King and Queen on Saturday (Oct. 12) during halftime of the Texas Tech - Iowa State football game.
Both Stracener and Berger are Rawls College of Business students. They are studying International Business and Marketing/Management, respectively.
The winners were voted on by the student body Friday. Fifteen men and 15 women were originally announced as candidates Monday at the Homecoming Kickoff. That number narrowed to 10 each for king and queen finalists after a review of the candidates' resumes. Each of the candidates then went through an interview process before the final five king and queen candidates were announced Friday at the Rowdy Raider Rally.
In addition to Stracener and Berger, the 2013 homecoming court included:
- Emily Almuguer (Miller Girls)
- Lauren Coker (Pi Beta Phi)
- Madeleine Cloutier (Zeta Tau Alpha)
- Saba Nafees (Mortar Board)
- Bubba Heath (Phi Delta Theta)
- Christopher Shulman (Mortar Board)
- Jason Judd (Saddle Tramps)
- Ryan Williams (Beta Upsilon Chi)
View the original article from Texas Tech Today.