The Rawls College Hosts Energy Commerce Industry Panel
November 20, 2017 | By: Chelsea Grunden
The Rawls College hosted an energy commerce industry panel Nov. 17, featuring 11 speakers who work in different aspects within the energy industry. The topic of the panel was "Careers in the Energy Industry from the Field Landman to Commodity Trading."
Terry McInturff, area coordinator and professor of practice, opened the panel by welcoming guests – faculty, staff and students of the energy commerce program – and introducing the speakers.
The speakers each described their background, their current and past positions and their day-to-day duties. They also gave advice to current energy commerce students. Many speakers agreed that interpersonal communication and integrity were among the most important characteristics to have for a career in the energy industry.
All of the speakers are Rawls College graduates who either earned a degree or certificate in energy commerce. Listed below are all the speakers, when they graduated and their current positions in the energy industry:
• Evan Estes (2015 graduate) is an independent landman at Peak Land Services.
• Dylan Stone (2015 graduate) is a landman at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.
• Blake Gower (2014 graduate) is a landman at MorningStar Partners.
• Jonathan Holmes (2008 graduate) and is a land manager and marketing advisor for MorningStar Partners.
• Robbie Leffel graduated in 1984 with a BBA in Petroleum Land Management. He is senior vice president crude at EnLink Midstream.
• Star Griffin (2014 graduate) is a land representative at Chevron.
• Mary Mazdra (2007 graduate) is a land ownership representative at Chevron.
• Matt Schoolcraft (2012 graduate) is a manager of gas supply at West Texas Gas.
• Freddie Barela (2006 graduate) is vice president at Fortis Minerals.
• Brennan Moore (2013 graduate) is an analyst at J.P. Morgan.