- Economic Development
- Green Economics
- Budget, Taxes and Public Investment
- PhD, Economic Development, New Mexico State University
- MBA, International Development, Harding University
- BS, Agribusiness Management, Alabama A&M University
Teaching the essential components of various subject matters to students is relevant,
but to ensure their understanding is Jazmine's primary goal while teaching. Therefore,
providing a dynamic, interactive and inclusive environment in which students can creatively
learn the principles of business management and economics while applying their comprehension
to real and virtual-world situations remain at the forefront of her teaching philosophy.
In her six years of teaching experience, she has been a professor of economics, an assistant professor of business management at both New Mexico Junior College and the University of the Southwest and a lecturer at Texas Tech University. She teaches the underpinnings of business management, entrepreneurship, information technology, e-business, human resources and the fundamentals of economics.
To effectively enrich each student, she implements the following:
- Improving the critical thinking skills of the students while appealing to and visually stimulating their educational experiences with interactive applications and gamingexercises, such as origami, Powtoon, TikTok, Flipgrid, etc.
- Discussing current events using supplemental material to prompt discussion and further the students’ application of concepts learned.
- Incorporating modern prose and media to assess/analyze how musicians and artists articulate the economic disparities and plights they have endured and the resulting cultural impact of their creativity.
She is dedicated to creating an engaging environment where each student has the freedom of expression and the right to respect as they gain understanding of the subject matter presented. Leading with this philosophy in mind is truly an ardent assignment – an assignment in which she plans to ace herself.
Download Curriculum Vitae
Rawls College of Business
AddressRawls College of Business, Box 42101, 703 Flint Avenue, Lubbock, TX 79409