Mission and Vision
Inspire Community, Develop Students & Unleash Spirit
Make a Difference...
Appreciation, Caring, Cooperation, Courtesy, Dedication, Dependability, Diversity, Effort, Hard Work, Helping Others, Honesty, Humility, Integrity, Learning, Living in Balance, Participation in Regular Physical Activity, Patience, Respect, Service, Teaching by Example, Tolerance, Trust
GOALS, BENCHMARKS, OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGIES
Goal: Provide an efficient and effective means of retaining Recreational Sports student employee staff.
Research and make recommendation for student employee wages.
- Increase student employee salaries above minimum wage
- Identify student positions (specialty) and pay competitive salaries
- Focus on department expectations during hiring and training
Improve student recognition.
- Student Appreciation Dinner
- Incentives for retention
- Increase student employee accountability
Create and administer effective student employee wide training day.
- Includes all areas of Recreational Sports
- Research training concepts and develop agenda o Interactive and fun
- Establish motivating ideas
Design, support, and implement student development opportunities for student employees to attend regional, state and national events.
- Design budget for the opportunities
- Develop opportunities for student employees to obtain funds for events.
- Develop guidelines for this obtaining funds: student and staff committee.
- Increase student membership to NIRSA
- Plan assessment tool for the opportunities
Increase student employees (Recreational Sports) interaction and involvement between areas.
- Develop and design ways of student interaction
Goal: Create and foster community within the Professional staff
This should include the custodians, office staff and maintenance staff
- Establish events to ensure community growth within staff
- Develop professional staff activity group (3-4) • Develop and establish activities/events for interaction with student employees
- create an student committee to assist with events
- Professional staff buy in
- Include professional staff families
Provide, establish, furnish moments for reflection, balance and well-being as professional staff.
- Professional staff should schedule time for the above mention items
- Set guidelines and expectations for the above items
- Individuals must look within to establish their own parameters
Assess the transferable skills and goals for Departments student employees
- Research the skills being taught to departments student employees.
Create a strategy for additional professional staff within our Department.
- Prioritize the additional staff
- Reorganizes within our department
- Finalize Department decision Goal: Increase Visibility and brand reputation within the university community.
Develop, recognize and implement customer service standards throughout the department.
- Research and share customer services standards with staff
- Develop standards for entire department
- Build on Auxiliary Customer Service committee.
Build on and retain partnerships with Auxiliary departments
- Academic Departments
- Athletic Department
- Student Wellness
Create and establish value through our programs and services
Goal: Design a long term strategic plan for programs, facilities, technology and services for the students and faculty /staff.
Research, review and design a plan to provide the best modern recreation facilities and equipment for the university community.
- Design a five to ten year plan for facilities and equipment
- Increase the Educational Code
- Obtain approval for design of Satellite facility
- Referendum approval by students for satellite facility
- Review technology and create plan for upgrade: increase by 33%
Create innovative ways to generate revenue for the Recreational Sports Department.
- Investigate and explore the following fundraisers, sponsorships and through the development office.
- Examine ways of increasing income outside of the above mention items
- Create student and staff committee to assist with this goal.