Recreational Sports Facility Information
Rec Sports would like to welcome every student, faculty and staff member back to campus! Please use the links below to reserve your spot for a fitness class, lap swim or climbing wall!
Rec Sports Program Quick Links
Facility Reservations are no longer required. We will be operating on a first-come, first-serve basis, with one-in, one-out coming into effect when capacity is reached.
The Leisure Pool is now open for lap swimming by reservation only. For more information, please click here.
Hours of Operation
Please check our daily hours by going to: TTU Rec Sports Hours Website
Normal daily hours starting August 23:
Monday - Friday
6:00am - Midnight
8:00am - 10:00pm
Noon - Midnight
Changes on How to Register for a Program
To accommodate as many patrons as possible in our programs, we are asking that you reserve your spot in our group fitness classes, lap swimming, and climbing wall open times.
Texas Tech Students
Please log into http://register.recsports.ttu.edu using your eRaider username and password. Once logged in, you can reserve a spot in one of our programs.
Texas Tech Faculty and Staff Members
Please log into https://register.recsports.ttu.edu using your eRaider username and password. Once logged in, you can reserve a spot in one of our programs.
If you have an existing online portal username and password: Please log into https://register.recsports.ttu.edu using your existing username and password. Once logged in, you can reserve a spot in one of our programs.
Don't have an existing username and password?
Make sure you have your Rec Sports Membership card available, as you will need your membership number (located on the bottom front of your card) for the membership registration.
Go to https://register.recsports.ttu.edu/Account/Register to create your online Rec Sports Portal Account. In the ID Number field, please use your membership number from your Rec Sports ID card.
- Reservations will not be made available until 48 hours before the date you would like to reserve.
- Please be prepared to wait in line when you arrive. If we are at or near capacity, please be prepared to show your program registration for lap swim, group fitness, climbing, or personal training.
- You will still need your Texas Tech ID card to enter the building. We have placed the card swipers 6 ft apart, so that physical distancing guidelines are kept.
Once you are in the Building
The Rec Center will look different than the last time you were here! We have placed physical distancing markers and cues around the building to show you how to maintain physical distancing as move around the Rec.
- We will be monitoring the workout spaces around the Rec Center to maintain 50% of full capacity for individual areas. Some areas, like the Raider Performance Zone (Court 1) will have a stated capacity and you will be able to use multiple pieces of equipment while in the area. Other areas, like the Half-Circle Cardio Area, will be based on the 50% capacity rule and by the pieces of equipment in that area.
- We will be cleaning each piece of equipment and the entire building throughout the day and after close.
- We have also re-configured some our spaces like basketball courts to comply with physical distancing protocol. Courts will be reserved for badminton, pickleball and open recreation. Basketball will not be permitted.
What Not to Expect
Guest Passes will not be available at this time.
These areas are unavailable: Basketball Courts, Racquetball Courts, Volleyball Court, Indoor Soccer Arena, Boxing Room, and Saunas.
Water Fountains have been removed. Bring your own water bottle.
Sweat Towels and shower towels will not be available. Please bring your own.
Limited Sports equipment will be available for check-out.
Health and Safety
Rec Sports is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable workout experience for Texas Tech Students, Faculty, Staff and our members. Here are a few of the things we have changed in our facility:
All Rec Sports Employees must pass a stringent safety check before coming to work. They will also be required to wear a mask for their shift and gloves while cleaning equipment.
We will follow Texas State Guidelines and clean equipment before and after every use. At each piece of equipment, we have provided cleaning spray and a separate towel for cleaning.
We have spaced out our workout equipment to follow physical distancing guidelines. In spaces that moving equipment is impractical, some machines will be "offline" and rotated each week.
Rec Sports has installed more hand sanitizer stations throughout the building. We now have over 50 stations for you to use.
We have placed signage and directional cues around the building to make sure that you can maintain physical distancing while moving around the Rec Center
We have worked with the TTU Fire Marshall to assess different area of the Rec Center for compliance to the 50% capacity guidelines. We will be limiting the number of patrons in areas of the Rec Center to the 50% capacity rating.
Use our online question form at http://www.depts.ttu.edu/recsports/contact.phpand we will be happy to answer your question!