Faculty C-Startup Applications Open Spring 2020
New Innovation and Entrepreneur Curriculum Grants
The Faculty C-startup program is designed to support Texas Tech faculty interested in creating a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. The grants are sponsored by Market Lubbock and are competitive. All applicants will be evaluated by a committee of iTTU Mentors, Innovation Hub staff, and Texas Tech faculty. Faculty who are awarded the grants will become "ambassadors" for innovation and entrepreneurship at Texas Tech for the academic year awarded.
The faculty ambassador bio, photo, and course will be listed on The Hub website.
A total of 5 awards each of $2,500 will be awarded to faculty for the development of a "new" course or improving an existing course that MUST include the two best practices: Business Model Canvas developed by Alexander Osterwalder and Lean LaunchPad developed by Steve Blank.
To be eligible, faculty must be TTUS faculty. The proposed course must be taught by the faculty submitting the syllabus. May be a graduate or undergraduate course in ANY discipline. The course must be offered a minimum of 1x per year. Fall 2020.
- Applications submissions accepted July 1st- August 1st, 2020.
- Create a one page narrative describing the learning objectives of the course and why the course is competitive enough to receive the grant. Include how the Business Model Canvas and the Lean LaunchPad methods will be integrated into the course and how students will be tested on the best practices.
- Syllabus for the course with reference numbers.
- 150-word bio and headshot. Submit all documents to Kimberly.email@example.com by August 1st, 2020. IMPORTANT: Put Faculty C-Startup Application in the subject line.
Want your application to be more competitive? Include the following in your application:
- Number of students on average in your class
- Number of times your class meets per year
- State in your syllabus that students in your class are required
(for a grade) to attend at least one of the following Innovation Hub Programs:
- Discoveries to Impact (Spring)
- Red Raider Startup (Fall)
- Red Raider Idea Competition (Fall)
- NSF I-Corps (Spring)
- Hub Camp (Fall & Spring)
Taysha WilliamsSee our Faculty C-Startup Ambassadors
Ideation Program Director