Innovative Startup Award
Give your startup the boost it needs!
Applications closed! Check back to meet our 2023 awardees!
Texas Tech University has partnered with Market Lubbock, Inc. to establish the Presidents' Innovative Startup Award. The objectives of the grant from Market Lubbock include 1) programs for students and entrepreneurs; 2) seed-stage funding for startups; and 3) seed grants for startups to support equipment and rental expense at the Innovation Hub at Research Park (Hub).
A committee of TTUS faculty, Hub staff, and TTUS facility staff determine the top applicant startups that exemplify innovation and commercialization. Prior participation in other Innovation Hub programs can make your application more competitive (NSF I-Corps and TTU Accelerator Program). The committee will review applicant budgets and make a recommendation that may or may not require adjustments to the budget submitted in the application. Final decisions for awards are made by the TTU President and TTUHSC President.
The awardees of this prestigious Presidential grant will be announced in September 2023. Here are four awards by each President in the following categories:
1- $25,000 award
1- $15,000 award
2- $5,000 awards or 1- $10,000 award
The lease contract for these awards will begin in September and run for a one-year period.
Grant Eligibility: All TTUS students, faculty, and staff are eligible. All community members are eligible. All applicants must have formed a company to be considered for the award.
Prior awardees of the PISA grant are ineligible to submit unless the application is for a different startup company.
Review the Presidents' Innovative Startup Award Rubric that outlines the criteria needed for a competitive application.
Complete the application through our competition portal. Applicants must submit the following to be eligible for funding:
- 3-Page Business Plan:
- This plan needs to provide an overview based on the criteria outlined in the rubric
- Budget based on the fund amount:
- Indicate award category on the document: $5,000, $10,000, $15,000, $25,000
- Revenue/Financial Statement:
- This document should provide a detailed overview of your company's financial performance, including revenue streams, expenses, and any funding or investments received to date. The document can be in PDF, Word or Excel format and should cover at least 12 months of operations.
- Use of proceeds:
- Please upload your use of proceeds from the funded program and include a justification that the 2023 Presidents' Innovative Startup Award milestone and budget do not overlap with your previous award(s)
Step Three: If Innovation Hub space was allocated in your budget, please fill out the Innovation Hub Tenant Application below.Tenant Application
Step Four (optional): Check out previous awardees.2022 Awardees