Take your startup to the next level!
Applications for the 2023 Prototype Fund close on September 27th!
The Prototype Fund empowers entrepreneurs to create a prototype based on customer discovery insights. We're looking for established startups with innovative solutions that are ready to develop their minimum viable product (MVP) within the next year!2022 WINNERS
Who can apply?
To apply, you must be 18-years or older with an established startup company. Want to be more competitive? Participate in other Innovation Hub programs to make your application more competitive.
Why should you apply to the Prototype Fund?
- To accelerate the development of a prototype for technology startups
- To assist TTU faculty, community, and students in furthering IP development as a result of the NSF I-Corps recommendations
- To develop an MVP as a current or past participant in any Innovation Hub Programs
- To bridge the validation of technology in currently funded SBIR/STTR programs or newly submitted proposals
What amount of funding can you ask for?
Competitive applications should allot for one of the following budget categories with reasonable need. The submitted budget should include specific milestones and a timeline for deliverables. Budgets should NOT exceed a one-year timeline.
Applying to the Prototype Fund is a straightforward (but thorough) process:
Review the Prototype Fund Rubric that outlines the criteria needed for a competitive application. Criteria includes: customer segment, product/MVP, technology assessment from the Office of Research Commercialization, budget, milestones, and Texas Tech affiliation (if any).
Complete the application through our competition portal. Applicants must submit the following to be eligible for funding:
- 3-page narrative that provides an overview based on the criteria outlined in the rubric
- Budget based on one fund amount (listed above)
- Detailed timeline for allocation/use of budgeted fund amount
- Biosketch or resume of PI or CEO