RISE Peer Educators
RISE Peer Educators are a dedicated team of brilliant minds and fearless leaders whose main priority is promoting well-being and educating their peers. This group of select students assist RISE in outreach, programming & events, and facilitating workshops. RISE Peer Educators are paid student leaders and earn $10 / hour, working approximately 20 hours per month August - May.
What are the perks of being a Peer Educator?
- Money! ($10 / hour, 20 hours / month, August - May)
- Opportunity to attend and present at the national Peer Educator conference
- Excellent hands-on learning opportunities that will look excellent on a resume or graduate / professional school application
- You can make a difference and help your peers and the Texas Tech community
RISE Peer Educators will be required to:
- Attend mandatory training the second week in August 2022.
- Participate in Raider Welcome Week events August 2022.
- Work approximately 20 hours per month by attending Peer Educator meetings, completing office hours and campus outreach, facilitating workshops, and working at RISE events
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Remain in good disciplinary standing at Texas Tech University
To learn more:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the peer education program.
Learn more about Global Peer Educators here.