RISE Peer Educators
RISE Peer Educators are a dedicated team of brilliant minds and fearless leaders whose main priority is promoting well-being and educating their peers. This group of select students assist RISE in outreach, programming & events, and facilitating workshops. RISE Peer Educators are paid student leaders and earn $10 / hour, working approximately 20 hours per month August - May.
What are the perks of being a Peer Educator?
- Money! ($10 / hour, 20 hours / month, August - May)
- Opportunity to attend and present at the national Peer Educator conference
- Excellent hands-on learning opportunities that will look excellent on a resume or graduate / professional school application
- You can make a difference and help your peers and the Texas Tech community
RISE Peer Educators will be required to:
- Attend mandatory training the second week in August 2021.
- Participate in Raider Welcome Week events August 2021.
- Work approximately 20 hours per month by attending Peer Educator meetings, completing office hours and campus outreach, facilitating workshops, and working at RISE events
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Remain in good disciplinary standing at Texas Tech University
To learn more:
- Email email@example.com for more information on the peer education program.
Learn more about Global Peer Educators here.
Learn More About Being a Peer Educator
All information sessions will be held via Zoom. Registration is required. Click the dates below to register for a session.
Can't make an info session? Get updates on when peer educator applications open!
The blog is updated every Thursday with helpful info, resources, and tips from our current Peer Educators!
Applications for Peer Educators
Peer Educator Applications will open March 1, 2021 and close March 19, 2021. Applications will be reviewed after March 19 and interviews will begin in April 2021. You will receive an email from the RISE Office in the first week in April 2021 letting you know if you've been selected for an interview.