RISE Peer Educators
RISE Peer Educators are a dedicated team of brilliant minds and fearless leaders whose main priority is promoting healthy lifestyles and educating their peers. This group of select students assist RISE in outreach, programming & events, and facilitating workshops. RISE Peer Educators are paid student leaders and earn $200 monthly.
What are the perks of being a Peer Educator?
- Money! ($200 / month, August - May)
- Opportunity to attend and present at the national Peer Educator conference
- Excellent hands-on learning opportunities that will look excellent on a resume or graduate / professional school application
- You can make a difference and help your peers and the Texas Tech community
RISE Peer Educators will be required to:
- Attend mandatory training August 9 -14, 2020 from 8 am - 5 pm
- Participate in Raider Welcome Week events August 15 - 21, 2020
- Work approximately 20 hours per month by attending Peer Educator meetings every other week, completing office hours and campus outreach, facilitating workshops, and working at RISE events
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Remain in good disciplinary standing at Texas Tech University
To learn more:
- Email email@example.com for more information on the peer education program.
Learn more about Global Peer Educators here.
Applications for Peer Educators
Applications are currently closed. Check back in February 2021 to apply for the 2021-2022 academic year.