APA Internship Salary and Benefits
- The current stipend is $30,000 annually.
- Sick Leave is accrued at the rate of eight hours per month (12 days annually for 12 months of employment - August to July).
- Vacation Leave is accrued at the rate of eight hours per month (12 days annually for 12 months of employment - August to July).
- University Holidays (approximately 14 days annually, most of which occur during Thanksgiving and December break).
- Release time for Professional Development activities. 5 discretionary days for working on your dissertation, job interviews, dissertation defense travel, or professional conferences. Interns also attend the annual Texas Association of Counseling Center Intern Conference (this leave is in addition to the 5 discretionary days).
- Required Participation in the Following Programs:
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas (money can be withdrawn at the end of internship)
- Social Security
- Parental Leave
"It is the intention of the Texas Tech Counseling Center to provide the opportunity for new parents to utilize parental leave as spelled out in the TTU Parental Leave Policy and Procedure. In the case that an intern has one or more years of State of Texas service they are eligible for benefits as outlined in the Family Medical Leave Act. Otherwise, arrangements that best fit the intern's need for leave, are arranged based on any accrued sick leave and vacation leave, intermittent leave options, unpaid leave, if necessary, as well as any pending holiday leave. See link for more information: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/hr/EmpBenefits/Leave/Index.php
Given the uniqueness of the one-year appointment of the internship program, combined with requirements for a specific completed number of direct service and general working hours, every effort is made to assist interns wishing to take parental leave to still meet the requirements of the internship program without having to extend their time at Counseling Service. However, if this cannot be accommodated, an intern's time at Counseling Services may be extended to satisfy the hours requirements of the internship program. In the service of this an, unpaid, specific schedule will be agreed upon between the intern, Counseling Services staff, and TTU Human Resources on a case-by-case basis.
- Health Insurance is provided for interns.
***Currently, eligibility for coverage for new state employees begins 60 days following start of employment.***
- Eligibility for Participation in Optional Insurance Programs:
- Medical Coverage for Dependents (available at reasonable rates)
- Term Life
- Dependent Term Life
- Long-term and Short-term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dental (Maintenance and Indemnity plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care
- Workman's Compensation coverage is provided at no cost to the employee.
- Support Service and Supplies (e.g., clerical support services, telephone, personal office computer, office supplies, etc.) necessary to the intern's provision of service are provided by the TTUSCC budget.
- Membership at the Student Recreation Center at Faculty/Staff rates.
- Staff Parking and Library privileges.
*Updated on 5/25/2021