Exploring Careers in Science: Paths
Below is a collection of brief overviews of each of the potential paths available. While it would be impossible to give a comprehensive outline of the opportunities from each of these areas, we have attempted to provide you with enough information to make an informed decision as you rank your preferences in the application. In case you want to do some exploration of your own, here are a few general links which might be helpful:
- TTU Career Center - What Can I Do With This Major?
- Science Buddies - Careers in Science
- WeUseMath.org - Careers in Mathematics
- Engineering Games and Projects
This path will explore careers in Chemistry and will feature laboratories in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry.
- Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- What can I do with a chemistry degree?
- TTU Career Center Resources for Chemistry Majors
This path will explore careers in Biology and will feature laboratories in the Departments of Biological Sciences.
Bioengineering involves the development of devices and procedures to solve medical and health-related problems. Biomedical engineers develop artificial organs, artificial limbs (prostheses), and instrumentation for medical procedures.