Exploring Careers in Science: Paths
Below is a collection of brief overviews of each of the potential paths available. While it would be impossible to give a comprehensive outline of the opportunities from each of these areas, we have attempted to provide you with enough information to make an informed decision as you rank your preferences in the application. In case you want to do some exploration of your own, here are a few general links which might be helpful:
- TTU Career Center - What Can I Do With This Major?
- Science Buddies - Careers in Science
- WeUseMath.org - Careers in Mathematics
This path will explore careers in Biology and Chemistry and will feature laboratories in the Departments of Biological Sciences and Chemistry & Biochemistry.
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- What can I do with a biological sciences degree?
- TTU Career Center Resources for Biological Sciences Majors
- What can I do with a chemistry degree?
- TTU Career Center Resources for Chemistry Majors
Bioengineering involves the development of devices and procedures to solve medical and health-related problems. Biomedical engineers develop artificial organs, artificial limbs (prostheses), and instrumentation for medical procedures.
- What can I do with a biosystems engineering major?
- TTU Career Center Resources for Biosystems Engineering Majors
The behavioral and social sciences include disciplines that help predict, prevent, and manage illnesses in both individuals and whole populations. Behavioral and social scientists also help people to change their behaviors, such as a habit or how to stick to a medical treatment plan. Examples of the behavioral and social sciences include psychology and human development & family studies.
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Human Development & Family Studies
- What can I do with a psychology degree?
- TTU Career Center Resources for Psychology Majors